Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life best... when not in use. ;-)

Thought I'd share this screen grab of today's battery use because I think this illustrates something obvious that I don't hear talked about too much.

I spent most of the day not using the phone too much. At about 6pm I sat in a waiting room with horribly poor cell signal, using a data-needy app rather intensively. Look at the drop that occurred. I then left and haven't used it much since, and bingo - right back to miserly use.

Doesn't prove anything, but just sharing. Amazing how thrifty this phone's sleep mode is!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life best... when not in use. ;-)-uploadfromtaptalk1354846549901.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Theot 

ROM
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

Default Re: Battery life best... when not in use. ;-)

Thanks for sharing, this is a big concern for anyone looking at this phone (as I am). That's probably my biggest gripe with my GN, even when not using it it still sucks the battery.

Nice. I had 26 hours on my battery with 63% left yesterday. Definitely killer standby time

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Theot View Post
    Thanks for sharing, this is a big concern for anyone looking at this phone (as I am). That's probably my biggest gripe with my GN, even when not using it it still sucks the battery.
    Remember, too, that it's not just that I was using it - I was using it in really abnormally low signal conditions. So it really was a double whammy.

I posted this earlier but I had over 4 1/2 hours with the phone mostly in my pocket not being used and it had only dropped to 95%. They have done wonders with the radio and OS.

Yea it gets awesome battery life when not being used but when you are using it, it sucks down some juice! Looking at your graph you lost 20% in 45 minutes. I am trying to talk myself into keeping the phone but just cant seem to get past the battery life, other than that it is an awesome phone. I may just be spoiled by the RazrMaxx;s life and the DNA may be right in line with other ""normal" phones but I am thinking that at this time the DNA is not for me. Sadly today may be my last day with mine.

My battery life is great for my needs, this bad boy ain't going anywhere except for my fat fingers, lol.:thumbup:

Sent from my busa!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Keepin y'all in the loop - check out today's numbers. More than 12 hours and I'm at 50%!!!! GOD I love this phone!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life best... when not in use. ;-)-uploadfromtaptalk1354937699563.jpg  

10 hrs. 2 Hrs screen time, 6 Hrs of streaming Google Music. Can someone tell me what the different colors represent on the Mobile signal line? Signal strength?

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by heath patrick View Post
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...7-23-35-08.png

10 hrs. 2 Hrs screen time, 6 Hrs of streaming Google Music. Can someone tell me what the different colors represent on the Mobile signal line? Signal strength?
    Green=excellent brownish green=good red= bad and everything in the middle is fair to not bad lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

In a day looks like you will only be able to get 4 hrs screen time use in a 8-12 hr. day. If I could squeeze 1 more hr. in there I would feel a lot better about the phone. I have auto brightness on I may try turning that off and setting it low and see what that does???

Default Battery life best... when not in use. ;-)

4 hours is a lot for any phone, let alone one with this screen.

HTC has always had killer sleep software. I remember when I had a sensation, left it on my desk at work and didn't touch it for four hours (with emails and texts coming in, mind you) and only dropped 1%.

I set brightness to low and ran a movie on netflix and lost 20% in 80 minutes so looks like if I know I am going to have a heavy days use the screen could be turned down and get another hr. out of it. really wish they would have just put a bigger battery in it. Guess they didn't want to get into a legal battle with Moto over using their "patented" larger battery.