How to activate USB Mass Storage Mode?

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to switch the phone to USB Mass Storage Mode when plugging into the computer? Doubletwist is not recognizing my phone when plugged in.....

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure usb mass storage mode doesnt exist for this phone, due to the fact it has no sd card...just like it wasn't available on the gnex if I remember right.

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Installed all of the drivers and HTC Sync as well. I can get all of my music transferred to the phone HOWEVER my playlists will NOT transfer through HTC Sync. Doubletwist says that it does not recognize my phone because it is not in Mass Storage Mode. Anyone able to connect to Doubletwist through USB? (not airsync)

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Installed all of the drivers and HTC Sync as well. I can get all of my music transferred to the phone HOWEVER my playlists will NOT transfer through HTC Sync. Doubletwist says that it does not recognize my phone because it is not in Mass Storage Mode. Anyone able to connect to Doubletwist through USB? (not airsync)

Might be a dumb question but is double twist jelly bran compatible? Because I've heard mass storage mode was something that was done away with in JB. I could be wrong, but its just what I've heard.

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You can't. It does not exist on jelly bean devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

You have no idea of what you are talking about. I think you should shut up and do not give wrong info.

Settings -> Storage -> Menu Button -> USB Settings.

This is for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version. It is the way to use SD or internal storage as USB Storage on a computer MAC, Windows or Linux.

tina stillman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having trouble transferring pictures from my phone to my computer and I have one of the older original Droid phones its telling me three Media Sync that I need to activate my USB mass storage where can I find that?

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You have no idea of what you are talking about. I think you should shut up and do not give wrong info.

Settings -> Storage -> Menu Button -> USB Settings.

This is for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version. It is the way to use SD or internal storage as USB Storage on a computer MAC, Windows or Linux.

One, We don't have 4.2.2 on the DNA as yet, but we all keep hoping,
Two, There are no SD cards in the DNA, hence a pseudo mapping of a partition on the main file system, they do not consider this mass storage mode.

LTB43230

May 12, 2013
Visit site
On a motorola device (RAZR) with Jelly bean 4.1.2:
(left I think) click button in lower right to activate motocast when connected
unlock phone
connect phone to usb
motocast will come up, and you can access phone and card storage, but only until lock comes back on, so you may want to disable screen lock while plugged in.
Hope that helps.

Vijay Kumar22

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
Follow the steps to activate your USB Storage in Android phone.
1. Insert the USB cable in to the slot
2. Connect it to a computer.
3. If your device asks you about Storage then well
4. Otherwise you just touch and swipe the charging symbol in the top right corner of the phone
5. Now you will find the USB options
6. Turn on USB Storage.

Thats all.