ringtone volume too low!

goinflyn

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I came from a droid bionic which was twice as loud on the external speaker as the DNA. Is there any way to make the ringtone and notifications louder than the max setting on the phone? I wear the phone on my belt with the phone speaker facing out but my jacket covers the speaker. Thanks. I'm planning to root the phone this week.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I think this phone's speaker is loud as hell. But if you really need the extra boost try an app called speaker boost, its supposed to be able to boost volume. Volume + does as well but I don't think its compatible with JB yet

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I suggest trying better quality Ringtones/Sounds. I didn't care for the stock sounds and used Zedge app to find ones that were louder/clearer.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Really? Mine is really loud I have to set the volume about halfway down, have you compared with another DNA or maybe it's your ring tone selection?

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My ring volume (and alarm volume) is also not very loud and I have played with every ringtone on the phone. My Incredible ring volume at max settings would literally scare me sometimes, but I have to be paying attention to this device or I will, and have missed calls. Had not occurred to me to compare to another device. Will have to do that if I can find one for comparison, or go to store and mess around with theirs. Thanks for suggestion!

goinflyn

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go to vz wireless today for a comparison. I've tried every ringtone as well as downloaded ringtones from zedge and its still not loud enough .

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So I took my phone to Verizon today to compare to display phone. Ring volume was same on both phones. Took my Incredible along for additional comparison with identical ringtones and Incredible was MUCH louder than either device. So I guess the speaker on the DNA is just not as loud as my previous phone (the original Incredible) or both my phone and the display phone there have quieter speakers.

Missed another call last night after getting into bed. Frustrating. But I otherwise love this phone, so I guess I will just have to deal with it.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I suggest trying better quality Ringtones/Sounds. I didn't care for the stock sounds and used Zedge app to find ones that were louder/clearer.

This. Seriously. The overall volume is a bit low, I agree. But it varies greatly for me depending on which ringtone I use. External ones are better generally. Zedge is good. I use RCP notifications myself ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781