Size of /data/data?

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Having just run into this issue on my Droid Incredible, I'm wondering about this on the DNA, since I was thinking about getting this phone.
Does anyone know what the size of the DNA's /data/data directory is? On the DINC it's only 149MB.
Problem is I ran out of space on it and everything on the phone started FC'ing repeatedly until I figured out I had to clear some space out of it.

Thanks.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Should there be an easy way to tell? Nothing seems to be obviously a measurement of the data directory/partition when viewing from system. I would however, be very surprised if it isn't much larger than what is on the DInc.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Should there be an easy way to tell? Nothing seems to be obviously a measurement of the data directory/partition when viewing from system. I would however, be very surprised if it isn't much larger than what is on the DInc.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Well, I don't know if there's an easy way to tell from the stock Android or Sense stuff.

I installed System Panel Lite from the Google Play store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=nextapp.systempanel&token=XeUw_ZeC
From there it's just Menu > Dev Info > Storage, then scroll down to "Other Filesystems" where it'll eventually list /data/data.
For the DINC, its capacity is 149.0M, and when my phone was FC'ing left and right, "Available" was down to just 57K out of the 149M.
I cleared it back up to 22M and it stopped FC'ing.

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't know if there's an easy way to tell from the stock Android or Sense stuff.

I installed System Panel Lite from the Google Play store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=nextapp.systempanel&token=1Ii2l6MJ
From there it's just Menu > Dev Info > Storage, then scroll down to "Other Filesystems" where it'll eventually list /data/data.
For the DINC, its capacity is 149.0M, and when my phone was FC'ing left and right, "Available" was down to just 57K out of the 149M.
I cleared it back up to 22M and it stopped FC'ing.

DNA don't have a /data/data file system.

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Humm.. what app is that?
It's possible they may have changed something, since my DINC is still running CM7 with Gingerbread.

Basically, I don't want to have to run into that issue again, since it was extremely frustrating seeing every process randomly FC for no real reason.

Edit:
Thanks for those screenshots, bespinct!

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Humm.. what app is that?
It's possible they may have changed something, since my DINC is still running CM7 with Gingerbread.

Basically, I don't want to have to run into that issue again, since it was extremely frustrating seeing every process randomly FC for no real reason.

Edit:
Thanks for those screenshots, bespinct!

App is called Android Terminal Emulator. Basically a linux command line console. Easiest way I know how to see all the file systems mounted on the phone.

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I see.. thank you.
I do see a Terminal Emulator app on my phone that seemed to have come as part of CM7, but funny enough, it FC's every time I try to load it. Haha.

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I see.. thank you.
I do see a Terminal Emulator app on my phone that seemed to have come as part of CM7, but funny enough, it FC's every time I try to load it. Haha.

Before the DNA I was using my DINC with Pons CM10 JB build. Pretty stable for the most part but it was time for me to move on. :)
Get the DNA, you wont regret it!

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
jamdmyers - Yeah, the structure has probably changed since then, but I'm glad everyone took the time to help me out with checking at least. It is beyond annoying when your phone just starts FC'ing every app out of nowhere every 5 seconds. I couldn't even toggle wifi because some process kept crashing and resetting the wifi to its previous state every time I tried to toggle it.

y2kirk1028 - I do want to get the DNA! There are a few niggles about it though; No micro-SD slot and a comparatively mediocre battery capacity. I've come to terms with those limitations and they probably won't affect me, but it's still kind of a letdown that the phone was awesome in every other way.
The only major roadblock for me right now is how to go about upgrading without losing unlimited on my line. There's a lot of conflicting information out there, and unfortunately, I've not gotten many replies to my thread over at the Verizon subforum here.