1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Size of /data/data?

Hey everyone,

Having just run into this issue on my Droid Incredible, I'm wondering about this on the DNA, since I was thinking about getting this phone.
    Does anyone know what the size of the DNA's /data/data directory is? On the DINC it's only 149MB.
    Problem is I ran out of space on it and everything on the phone started FC'ing repeatedly until I figured out I had to clear some space out of it.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Size of /data/data?

Should there be an easy way to tell? Nothing seems to be obviously a measurement of the data directory/partition when viewing from system. I would however, be very surprised if it isn't much larger than what is on the DInc.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    Should there be an easy way to tell? Nothing seems to be obviously a measurement of the data directory/partition when viewing from system. I would however, be very surprised if it isn't much larger than what is on the DInc.

Steve

Well, I don't know if there's an easy way to tell from the stock Android or Sense stuff.

I installed System Panel Lite from the Google Play store:
    From there it's just Menu > Dev Info > Storage, then scroll down to "Other Filesystems" where it'll eventually list /data/data.
    For the DINC, its capacity is 149.0M, and when my phone was FC'ing left and right, "Available" was down to just 57K out of the 149M.
    I cleared it back up to 22M and it stopped FC'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScythe View Post
    Well, I don't know if there's an easy way to tell from the stock Android or Sense stuff.

I installed System Panel Lite from the Google Play store:
    From there it's just Menu > Dev Info > Storage, then scroll down to "Other Filesystems" where it'll eventually list /data/data.
    For the DINC, its capacity is 149.0M, and when my phone was FC'ing left and right, "Available" was down to just 57K out of the 149M.
    I cleared it back up to 22M and it stopped FC'ing.
    DNA don't have a /data/data file system.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Y2 beat me to it....

Size of /data/data?-uploadfromtaptalk1355101673198.jpg
    Size of /data/data?-uploadfromtaptalk1355101725848.jpg
    Size of /data/data?-uploadfromtaptalk1355101744491.jpg

Steve

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Humm.. what app is that?
    It's possible they may have changed something, since my DINC is still running CM7 with Gingerbread.

Basically, I don't want to have to run into that issue again, since it was extremely frustrating seeing every process randomly FC for no real reason.

Edit:
    Thanks for those screenshots, bespinct!

Humm.. what app is that?
    It's possible they may have changed something, since my DINC is still running CM7 with Gingerbread.

Basically, I don't want to have to run into that issue again, since it was extremely frustrating seeing every process randomly FC for no real reason.

Edit:
    Thanks for those screenshots, bespinct!
    App is called Android Terminal Emulator. Basically a linux command line console. Easiest way I know how to see all the file systems mounted on the phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I see.. thank you.
    I do see a Terminal Emulator app on my phone that seemed to have come as part of CM7, but funny enough, it FC's every time I try to load it. Haha.

You probably are not using JB so the file system / Structure may have changed.

I see.. thank you.
    I do see a Terminal Emulator app on my phone that seemed to have come as part of CM7, but funny enough, it FC's every time I try to load it. Haha.
    Before the DNA I was using my DINC with Pons CM10 JB build. Pretty stable for the most part but it was time for me to move on.
    Get the DNA, you wont regret it!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

jamdmyers - Yeah, the structure has probably changed since then, but I'm glad everyone took the time to help me out with checking at least. It is beyond annoying when your phone just starts FC'ing every app out of nowhere every 5 seconds. I couldn't even toggle wifi because some process kept crashing and resetting the wifi to its previous state every time I tried to toggle it.

y2kirk1028 - I do want to get the DNA! There are a few niggles about it though; No micro-SD slot and a comparatively mediocre battery capacity. I've come to terms with those limitations and they probably won't affect me, but it's still kind of a letdown that the phone was awesome in every other way.
    The only major roadblock for me right now is how to go about upgrading without losing unlimited on my line. There's a lot of conflicting information out there, and unfortunately, I've not gotten many replies to my thread over at the Verizon subforum here.