Anyone coming from an Incredible 4G?

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Just picked up a DNA 2 days ago. In most respects, it is a HUGE upgrade over my Incredible 2. Android OS has really come a long way!!

My two concerns at this point are size and battery life. This phone is big, and I have large hands. This is definitely the maximum size I would go with for a phone. I did enjoy getting around on that 4" screen with one hand though, very easy.

Regarding battery life I am coming from a 3g phone, so I can't very accurately determine if what I'm experiencing is considered 'good' a 4g phone.

Any reason to consider the Incredible 4G over the DNA based on the 2 points mentioned?

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Dinc4G. For me, the phone's size or lack of expandable storage isn't an issue. Battery life is slightly less than what I was getting with my Dinc4G, and I liked having the ability to swap out batteries on that phone. Now, I carry a 5000mah portable battery pack just in case. The DNA has 4.1, the Dinc4G is still on 4.0.4. There are times when I wished the screen was smaller, but there were a lot of times when I wished the Dinc4G's screen was bigger too. If HTC releases a phone with DNA specs in a Rezound-sized package I will be all over that. For now, the DNA is the phone for me, and the Dinc4G is going to go up for sale shortly.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your input.

I don't know how much to read into Verizonwireless.com reviews, but I noticed that the Incredible 4G has a 3 1/2 star rating with 52% of reviewers recommending it to others, while the DNA (granted has not been out as long) has almost an equal number of reviews with 4 1/2 star average and 85% recommending to others! Seeing as even the Rezound has more stars than the Incredible 4G, I think I'll stay away from it.

I'm with you though, if I don't get fully accustomed to the 5" screen, I will definitely be interested in a DNA follow-up in a slightly smaller form factor. I think the overall design of the DNA is otherwise a sure winner.

This has been my first day of moderate use and I'm at 21% after 11 1/2 hours. Not too bad, too early to make a judgment yet though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the Dinc4G got reviewed poorly because it was released the same time as the SGSIII and never really got any attention from VZW or any of the online android news sites/forums. It's a great little phone. The battery life was way better than the Rezound, which I had prior to the Inc4G. If the DNA is too big but you like Sense I'd take the Dinc4G over the Rezound.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My humble opinion and I said it when the Inc 2 was released, it was not that much of an upgrade from the original and that hurt it. People were relying on the name to bring something g spectacular and they got not a whole lot more bang for the buck.

Now comparing the DNA to the rezound or dinc2 is no get and day...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Any reason you're sticking only to HTC phones? Razr M is great for a small 4.3" phone, Razr HD I think has the most manageable 4.7" screen. Plus battery life on both are stellar. That being said I do plan on picking up the employee edition of the DNA and selling my HD but I don't keep phones for long anyways.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Any reason you're sticking only to HTC phones? Razr M is great for a small 4.3" phone, Razr HD I think has the most manageable 4.7" screen. Plus battery life on both are stellar. That being said I do plan on picking up the employee edition of the DNA and selling my HD but I don't keep phones for long anyways.

I have hardly given Motorola phones a sideways glance because of what I've heard about their cameras. Additionally, I have had a great experience with HTC and I like the design of their phones, including Sense. Looks like I'll stick with the DNA for now. If I decide to sell, it should have quite a bit more value than any other phone I could have used my upgrade for!

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the Dinc4G got reviewed poorly because it was released the same time as the SGSIII and never really got any attention from VZW or any of the online android news sites/forums. It's a great little phone. The battery life was way better than the Rezound, which I had prior to the Inc4G. If the DNA is too big but you like Sense I'd take the Dinc4G over the Rezound.

What this guy said. My girl chose the Dinc4G over the Moto M.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
It's funny you're asking this since i currently have a dinc4g and am contemplating the switch. As far as battery life on my my dinc 4g with moderate use I can easily get 16-24 hours of battery life. Mind you my GPS is off, the only thing that syncs in the background is GMail. Screen brightness around 25%.

So going to the bigger screen with a bigger battery I would expect around the sameish battery life for how I use my phone and the way I set it up. HTC has done a wonderful job with how the CPU is used. Checking CPU spy shows me my phone mainly stays around 3xx mHz and deep sleep. 20& of it is 1ghz and above. So I don't forsee any super battery drainage with the DNA.

Size is the main reason I'm thinking about the switch. I had a OG DINC then went to a BB Bold 9930 then to the DINC4G and I feel the screen is to narrow for me since I like to type in portrait mode. The DNA is actually a tad to tall IMO however something I could get more adjusted to than it being narrow. Honestly I wish VZW just had a phone that was a One X/Evo 4G size. Those things feel perfect.

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Shutter speed is faster, and the multi shot capability on the dna is pretty neat. I've never looked at the pictures on a screen bigger than my laptop, so can't really comment on the quality. I'm not a photo guru.

Send from my DNA

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the help. I enjoyed my one week with the DNA, but have decided that the 5" form factor is not for me. Something between 4 and 5 inches I can tolerate, but at 5 inches it's just feeling like too much phone. So the DNA is on eBay, and I just got my 1-month-old Incredible 4G through Craigslist. Since the DNA is considered much more valuable right now than the Inc4G, I'll actually come out quite a bit ahead, with the phone in a form-factor that I would rather have. Good luck to all of you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Inc4G is a solid phone, and will only get better when it gets 4.1

I still have one that is brand new in the box, waiting to power it on when the update is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36