Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: First update,what issues should be addressed

Fix Bluetooth audio on phone calls. This phone sounds horrible over hands free.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

My phone does not auto space after a word is picked. Is it a setting?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    I have been able to adjust volume levels like this everywhere from my DROID X2 to my GS3. Not Android issue, more like a Sense issue.
    Pretty sure it can't be done on the nexus...which would make it a android issue? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    Pretty sure it can't be done on the nexus...which would make it a android issue? Right?
    As I am waiting for my N4, I do not know for sure.

However, the original post I quoted said that adjusting separate volume levels wouldn't be possible because it's an Android issue and it wouldn't be fixed until Google fixed Android. That's blatantly wrong as myself, and the poster after me pointed out. Motoblur and TouchWiz incorporate that feature, so even if it's an issue on stock Android, it's clearly easily remedied by the manufacturer.

So, again, it's a Sense issue, not an Android issue.
    osubeavs728 likes this.

Yes, the soft key backlighting is a definite issue. Takes way too much darkness for them to come on at all.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by hannsoft; 12-12-2012 at 08:23 AM.

I have lost complete data connection requiring a reboot, usually twice a day. This just started happening on my 5th day of ownership. I'm calling Verizon today, maybe I got a LEMON for a DNA. Showing that my SD CARD is dismounted...

Quote Originally Posted by primetime1267 View Post
    I have lost complete data connection requiring a reboot, usually twice a day. This just started happening on my 5th day of ownership. I'm calling Verizon today, maybe I got a LEMON for a DNA. Showing that my SD CARD is dismounted...
    You might try re-seating your SIM card (use the little tool that comes with the phone). It solved a similar problem on my phone.
    rooted eris+xtraSense > Dinc2 > DNA

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    So, again, it's a Sense issue, not an Android issue.
    And I, for one, am glad, cuz it makes me crazy. This phone is generally louder than my Bolt, but in the wrong way. Notifications are too loud and phone ringing is too soft. Sure would like to adjust that to taste.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Thx Chassum, I just reseated the SIM card.. But I also called Verizon, they immediately replied, "we need to replace the SIM card to correct the issue". It makes me wonder if they are aware of similar issues.

Where is this showing? The DNA does not have an SD card so technically it should be unmounted.

Quote Originally Posted by aallison1882 View Post
    Where is this showing? The DNA does not have an SD card so technically it should be unmounted.
    It is showing right by the signal strength, it must be the SIM card though.. And when it shows up, I have lost all phone functionality. A reboot is the only fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bballboy32591 View Post
    Allowing the Recent Apps button to be used as a Menu button to get rid of the stupid menu bar in apps.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by swenpro View Post
    Leave the backlight on for the soft keys more often. I sometimes find that they don't turn on, but my surroundings are plenty dark that I cannot see the buttons!

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC Droid DNA
    and this

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Really?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/tequna4e.jpg

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Yes really. ICS and later, Android code tied it together. If other skins fix this, good. I would like it fixed too. but SENSE is not doing this .. I don't know what that is a picture of (and it has the same ringtone and notification volume pictured anyway, btw), but for ICS and later, they are crazily tied together in the stock android code ..

It is showing right by the signal strength, it must be the SIM card though.. And when it shows up, I have lost all phone functionality. A reboot is the only fix.
    Oh okay just wanted to make sure. Like all the other posts stated the SIM card just needs put back in place. I had this happen to my wife's phone and my phone. I didn't even take it out to reseat it. I simply just pushed it in further with my fingernail and made sure the door was completely flush with the phone. After a reboot, both of our phones were fine and we haven't seen the problem since.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Yes really. ICS and later, Android code tied it together. If other skins fix this, good. I would like it fixed too. but SENSE is not doing this .. I don't know what that is a picture of (and it has the same ringtone and notification volume pictured anyway, btw), but for ICS and later, they are crazily tied together in the stock android code ..
    I am on jellybean

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am on jellybean

Never mind I didn't read your post throughly. I must have forgotten that sense has them together, my bad.

I am surprise tw split them and sense didnt

Never mind I didn't read your post throughly. I must have forgotten that sense has them together, my bad.

I am surprise tw split them and sense didnt

Yeah me too.

It was one of the dumbest "evolutions" to come out of Android, tying them together. I just can't understand the rational behind it. It seems more like something on iOS than on Android (the inability to customize more). The worst part about it, as you had pointed out, is that the ability was there before, and is now removed ...
    chassum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orlanka View Post
    Not the bottom of the home screen, the lock screen. Phone, Internet, Messages, Camera
    Right. The lock screen uses your 4 homescreen shortcuts. Change them when you're unlocked on your home screen, and they change on the lock screen as well.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    Right. The lock screen uses your 4 homescreen shortcuts. Change them when you're unlocked on your home screen, and they change on the lock screen as well.
    And here is the problem and this may apply to others. I am running Apex Launcher and changing the shortcuts there does not change the lock screen shortcuts. If you're seeing the same:

Settings >Apps > Select launcher > Clear Defaults

Click the home button, choose HTC Sense > Just once. I've updated the shortcuts, pressed the Home button, Apex > Always and life is good again.

While I may be forced to hate you due to your collegiate allegiance, thanks Paulmike3.

And here is the problem and this may apply to others. I am running Apex Launcher and changing the shortcuts there does not change the lock screen shortcuts. If you're seeing the same:

Settings >Apps > Select launcher > Clear Defaults

Click the home button, choose HTC Sense > Just once. I've updated the shortcuts, pressed the Home button, Apex > Always and life is good again.
    Ah, didn't realize you weren't running stock launcher.

While I may be forced to hate you due to your collegiate allegiance, thanks Paulmike3.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12