First update,what issues should be addressed

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
By now we all had a chance to really get in to the DNA ,what would you want addressed in the first update by HTC.
I thing volume may be one .

Perhaps I am the only one who makes voice-dialed calls, but they do not work on this phone and it seems to be an Android issue. I have tried 3 different headsets, the first of which worked flawlessly with 2.2, and the last of which is a new Plantronics Legend, fully updated (v45). All recognize exactly what i say when it is dictated, as in a text message or note, but get a different read entirely when I voice-dial. Volume seems to be OK; there is more than one volume adjustment and I had to tinker to find others, but all are OK now.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
That is a Android issue, not an HTC one. Unfortunately, that will not be fixed until Google fixes it in Android. It has been this way since ICS on all phones ..

I have been able to adjust volume levels like this everywhere from my DROID X2 to my GS3. Not Android issue, more like a Sense issue.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is a Android issue, not an HTC one. Unfortunately, that will not be fixed until Google fixes it in Android. It has been this way since ICS on all phones ..

Really?

tequna4e.jpg

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Go into play store and download the" power toggle" widget. It's a 4x1 widget that fits nicely on the top of any screen. It can be customized to do an amazing number of things and it's free.

Power toggle looks nice, any idea if there is a wAy to easily toggle off lte and go to 3g if desired? Cant seem to do it with power toggle.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Leave the backlight on for the soft keys more often. I sometimes find that they don't turn on, but my surroundings are plenty dark that I cannot see the buttons!

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC Droid DNA

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone does not auto space after a word is picked. Is it a setting?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure it can't be done on the nexus...which would make it a android issue? Right?

As I am waiting for my N4, I do not know for sure.

However, the original post I quoted said that adjusting separate volume levels wouldn't be possible because it's an Android issue and it wouldn't be fixed until Google fixed Android. That's blatantly wrong as myself, and the poster after me pointed out. Motoblur and TouchWiz incorporate that feature, so even if it's an issue on stock Android, it's clearly easily remedied by the manufacturer.

So, again, it's a Sense issue, not an Android issue.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the soft key backlighting is a definite issue. Takes way too much darkness for them to come on at all.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

primetime1267

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have lost complete data connection requiring a reboot, usually twice a day. This just started happening on my 5th day of ownership. I'm calling Verizon today, maybe I got a LEMON for a DNA. Showing that my SD CARD is dismounted...

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have lost complete data connection requiring a reboot, usually twice a day. This just started happening on my 5th day of ownership. I'm calling Verizon today, maybe I got a LEMON for a DNA. Showing that my SD CARD is dismounted...

You might try re-seating your SIM card (use the little tool that comes with the phone). It solved a similar problem on my phone.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So, again, it's a Sense issue, not an Android issue.

And I, for one, am glad, cuz it makes me crazy. This phone is generally louder than my Bolt, but in the wrong way. Notifications are too loud and phone ringing is too soft. Sure would like to adjust that to taste.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

primetime1267

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Thx Chassum, I just reseated the SIM card.. But I also called Verizon, they immediately replied, "we need to replace the SIM card to correct the issue". It makes me wonder if they are aware of similar issues.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Where is this showing? The DNA does not have an SD card so technically it should be unmounted.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Really?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/tequna4e.jpg

Yes really. ICS and later, Android code tied it together. If other skins fix this, good. I would like it fixed too. but SENSE is not doing this .. I don't know what that is a picture of (and it has the same ringtone and notification volume pictured anyway, btw), but for ICS and later, they are crazily tied together in the stock android code ..

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It is showing right by the signal strength, it must be the SIM card though.. And when it shows up, I have lost all phone functionality. A reboot is the only fix.

Oh okay just wanted to make sure. Like all the other posts stated the SIM card just needs put back in place. I had this happen to my wife's phone and my phone. I didn't even take it out to reseat it. I simply just pushed it in further with my fingernail and made sure the door was completely flush with the phone. After a reboot, both of our phones were fine and we haven't seen the problem since.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes really. ICS and later, Android code tied it together. If other skins fix this, good. I would like it fixed too. but SENSE is not doing this .. I don't know what that is a picture of (and it has the same ringtone and notification volume pictured anyway, btw), but for ICS and later, they are crazily tied together in the stock android code ..

I am on jellybean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis