Wi-Fi issues

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the wifi fix. Worked great....... Edit worked great until the next time I left one wifi signal then it came back. Didn't have to wait until I rebooted phone. Kind of annoying.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the drop issue with my Nexus 7. In troubleshooting the problem I determined that the issue was occurring because the routers in my house were on the same channels. Jellybean seems to have an issue switching as the signal strength varies. I used a WiFi strength app to see the device channels and watch the strength vary.

The fix was to change the routers to have different fixed channels.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

princessofchina

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that this problem is not unique to one network. So far, it has occurred on 3 of my networks. It seems what happens is whenever I press the power button to wake the phone up after awhile, I see that grayed out WiFi icon in the top left that goes away in a few seconds as the network reconnects.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What I have done to help with the issue is to turn my wifi OFF when I am not in a known wifi area. When I get in the office (known wifi), I hit the toggle to turn the wifi back on and it seems to always connect back. Isn't the best solution, but better than staring at the notification icon.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement phone this week (sent because I lost wireless charging capability). Have gotten it all set up exactly like my 1st DNA. Initially, it too did the constant disconnect/reconnect, but after forgetting the network on this new phone, I have finally gone a day with NO disconnects from wifi. Forgetting network on first device did nothing, and I have done nothing further with my home router. Makes me think there was something up with the wifi on my 1st device. Hope this fix lasts!

Update: It took three days, but the disconnect/reconnect has recurred on the new device. Seemed to show up after I 1st used another wifi network outside of my home. Really home htc comes up with a fix for this.

Last edited:

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
just got my dna yesterday and seem to be having this problem

it seems when its asleep for a bit i awake it and then disconnects flashes to 4g connected back to my network but i have no activity at that moment then i have turn wifi off and on to get it back

i know its not my network no other problems with over 5 other devices and never had a problem with any phone for years

JH Caldwell

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on my Thunderbolt and an app called wifi keeper fixed it. I'd advise to get the "pro" version for a buck because the free one nags excessively to upgrade.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

FISH4RUDY88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I lost all ability to connect to Wi-Fi,just days after I picked-up my DNA. After trying everything my Verizon regional rep could think of, he wiped my phone and all my had work setting up a phone that at the time was like an alien to me, was gone. Good news is, haven't missed a beat since.Might not help anyone, but at least know you were not alone.Love Android and my DNA.

marlame

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wi-Fi issues with Nexus 7 and FreedomPop photon hot spot

I've been having issues with my Nexus 7 tablet periodically losing wifi connection to ATT uverse gateway which started the last couple weeks, goes down a few second and then back up. But my other issue is I have a FreedomPop photon that used to work, but now the wifi settings on Nexus 7 says it's connected and signal strength is strong, but the wifi symbol is "grayed" out and now blue and I've reset the photon, removed and reinitialized it on the Nexus, rebooted both. And now I can't get to the FreedomPop 192....site on any device, using any browser, with it stating server unavailable. So far Freedompop support has not been helpful, telling me to do all the things I've already tried. Anyone experiencing this?

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
What I have done to help with the issue is to turn my wifi OFF when I am not in a known wifi area. When I get in the office (known wifi), I hit the toggle to turn the wifi back on and it seems to always connect back. Isn't the best solution, but better than staring at the notification icon.
Try "Y5 Battery Saver". It toggles your wifi off when there are no known wifi networks around and turns it on in locations where you've already setup wifi network connections. Worked like a charm on my DroidX and I'm trying it now on my new DNA.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had no Wi-Fi issues. I connect to about 3-5 different networks a day and have had no problem with staying connected to my primary networks. Obviously when the phone goes to sleep it disconnects, but it has always re connected. Not sure what I'm doing different then everyone else. Only thing I can say is that I've disabled my 5g Wi-Fi on my home router for other reasons.

To be honest I've been really impressed with the Wi-Fi reception on this phone. It's way better then the Dinc I had.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the drop issue with my Nexus 7.

I never had this issue with my Nexus 7--or at least, it wasn't noticeable. I could stream media without any gaps, but on my DNA when I play the radio or stream Netflix, it always stutters. Incredibly annoying. Considering every other device in the house works fine on wifi, it's something with the DNA. Why is it that my sister's inferior iPhone 4S can play Pandora for hours while multitasking without any hiccups, but each song stutters like 2-3x on my DNA? Does anyone else have this issue?

I know Beats audio messes up streaming, but I always have that off.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I never had this issue with my Nexus 7--or at least, it wasn't noticeable. I could stream media without any gaps, but on my DNA when I play the radio or stream Netflix, it always stutters. Incredibly annoying. Considering every other device in the house works fine on wifi, it's something with the DNA. Why is it that my sister's inferior iPhone 4S can play Pandora for hours while multitasking without any hiccups, but each song stutters like 2-3x on my DNA? Does anyone else have this issue?

I know Beats audio messes up streaming, but I always have that off.

Pandora works fine for me... And I don't disable Beats. Have you done a speed test using the DNA and compared it to other devices connected to the WiFi? It sounds like there may be a latency issue. Don't know what would cause it, it's just a thought.

Steve

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
My DNA's wifi was working great for 3 days, then last night started going crazy. I restarted my router, phone, and set up the wifi connection again on the phone and it seems to be ok for now.

I hope an update can fix this.

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
There are a bunch of folks over at XDA that have seen this, I am trying some experiments, My routers are dual band, 2.4ghz/5ghz. There is definitely a bug cuz if I select one band (instead of auto) on the DNA it won't connect properly (regardless of the band). So last night I've disabled the 5ghz band and will run for a few days that way, I was also able to set the DNA to single band 2.4ghz and connect fine (Auto worked also but it appears if there are competing bands it does something odd to the DNA). Also I'm seeing if this has to do with multi bands, many people probably don't have this feature.

I am running a dual band router with both bands up. My DNA is connected to the 5G with no issues.
This is something that affects more than the DNA. My last unit was a Thunderbolt and many were complaining about Wifi disconnects.. The networking people at Anand tech forums have no answers. It my be router settings, the router itself or interference from an outside source.
Find a network away from home and see if the connection is stable.
Is the router running the latest firmware?

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am running a dual band router with both bands up. My DNA is connected to the 5G with no issues.
This is something that affects more than the DNA. My last unit was a Thunderbolt and many were complaining about Wifi disconnects.. The networking people at Anand tech forums have no answers. It my be router settings, the router itself or interference from an outside source.
Find a network away from home and see if the connection is stable.
Is the router running the latest firmware?
I have access to three DNAs (mine, wifes and a friends) they all show this issue and on different Wireless networks. One is a BLUE industry corp network so there are not issues there.
I've tried different channels 2.4 / 5 but that doesn't fix it.. yes it has the latest firmware also (cisco es4200) not sure what my friend uses. I'm pretty played out on this issue, I have found using just Mobile 3g/lte works ok if I turn off wifi when driving, so even though the streaming is pure mobile because I'm on the move if wifi is turned on it interferes with the streaming. I see this on slacker and Iheart radio... I'm hoping for a update, we'll see it's a new year and a batch of new phones will be coming out. While I like the DNA I'd consider another phone if a fix in't released before something else grabs my attention.
Oddly many of my previous phone people had diff issues I'd not see and felt fortunate, this time the mobile roulette has landed me in the issue catagory, I'm glad many people don't see this issue so there is hope.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Oddly many of my previous phone people had diff issues I'd not see and felt fortunate, this time the mobile roulette has landed me in the issue catagory, I'm glad many people don't see this issue so there is hope.

I feel the same way in regards to this issue, always seemed to have the good devices before. On second DNA for unrelated problem and still experiencing the wifi disconnects. Not as bad as first DNA, but present nonetheless no matter what I try. Keeping my eye on the forums for potential fixes/news of updates but find myself using mobile data more nowadays.

JH Caldwell

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Try an app called Best Wifi Keeper Pro, it fixed the problem on my Thunderbolt and I run it on my DNA prophylactically with no problems. It costs a buck.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Starting yesterday my wi fi is shutting out.. let me explain... I connect to a couple diff networks thruout the day, when I get back into a WiFi zone and try to connect the WiFi indicator turns off and on multiple times.. I have to end up forgetting the network (twice because it will turn off and on again) and manually connect.. what gives?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o