(Unintentional!)Battery Door Broke, will Verizon replace?

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Literally 2 minutes ago, I arrived at my work desk and took out my phone to charge since i forgot to last night.

As i went to open the battery door with my nail, it just snapped off... It snapped off with literally no effort.

the piece that attached the battery door seems to be snuggly attached to the phone still and just the flat piece that covers the USB port came off.

I'm kind of irritated by this, being that I actually didn't mind the battery door and planned to keep it.,

Will verizon replace this phone for this reason?:confused:

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Umm . . Thats probably because the dna doesn't have a battery door. . .

Edit: Oooohhhh . . You mean the usb charging port cover . . That's not a battery door ;)

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
We haven't heard any cases where someone has tried to have Verizon, fix the door. I'd be interested too. While I don't think the cover is a poor design the choice, it is very possible that the cover is a manufacturing fault that should be covered by the device warranty.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I was initially envsioning you trying to rip the back off the phone to get at the battery and wondering why it broke =)

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well i called Verizon customer service and told them what happened with the USB door and the rep told me that if I bring my phone to a store, they should be able to fix or replace the phone.

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
well I went to the Verizon store.

The lady suggested there was 2 things I can do.

1) keep my phone as is.

2) get a refurbished DNA (which she did not recommend)

She told me that most people aren't happy with the refurbished phones they receive.

Since my phone has no problems other that the door ripping off, i decided to keep it.

a little annoyed, oh well.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd keep it. Mine came off last night. I've only had the phone for 4 days, but at least I don't have to open and close that thing anymore!!

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC Droid DNA

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I tore mine off initially, then put it back on and it stayed pretty good. I now use the nokia dt-900 Qi wireless charger from VZW and absolutely love it!!