Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By osubeavs728
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Certified like new replacement

I have the galaxy nexus and was offered the droid DNA as a warranty replacement! I instantly accepted but am wondering if they even have refurbished units yet? I know it's coming by itself and not in the box but do they just take new ones out of the box and send them or would they have like new replacements already?

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Certified like new replacement

From what I understand, some of the refurbished units were not ever delivered, instead they are unit that failed initial testing and have since had defaults addressed.

Good luck with the device!

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm guessing they probably have a few CLNs by now. It'll come in a box, just not the original. I haven't heard of them taking new ones out and putting them in warranty boxes though

ROM
    Stock

If it's a Certified replacement it's a used / defective one that has been fixed and ready to go back out into the wild.
    Quad-Core Power!!!

Global Posts
    5,149 Global Posts

I have personally donated 3 DNAs to the Certified Replacement stock pile so they are out there
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What issues did you have to need a replacement?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I got one in the mail today due to fault Qi charging. It looks brand new but comes in the replacement sleeve/box, not a retail box.

Global Posts
    5,149 Global Posts

1st had really bad light leak issues, 2 anytime the bottom of the phone was slightly squeezed (holding phone to head) the phone would reboot, 3rd dead pixels

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

OP, may I ask how you got them to offer the DNA? I've tried to get my wife's G-Nex replaced with something different multiple times, but all they will do is the same model. What specifically is wrong with yours, and what did you do to get offered this?? Would love to know your secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    1st had really bad light leak issues, 2 anytime the bottom of the phone was slightly squeezed (holding phone to head) the phone would reboot, 3rd dead pixels
    I'm happy that you are mature and have enough experience to know when somethin is unit related rather than product related. Theres a lot of people out there who would have started bashing the DNA and trying to turn people away from the phone because of unit related defects. however, you stuck with it because it is a damn good phone. I commend you sir!
    Thanked by:
    Sooks 
    Sooks and Fraggle79 like this.

I have had a total of 4 droid DNA's now as of today, 3 from the Verizon store (2 being replacements for problems with the devices) and the last one is a replacement from assurion because I did something dumb and dropped it but each one I have gotten so far has been a new one.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyD311 View Post
    OP, may I ask how you got them to offer the DNA? I've tried to get my wife's G-Nex replaced with something different multiple times, but all they will do is the same model. What specifically is wrong with yours, and what did you do to get offered this?? Would love to know your secret.
    Actually I have had so many they offered me a "like model one-time courtesy replacement". I told them that I liked Samsung and HTC and he offered the razr m and incredible and I said neither were in the same league and the rep said they just came out with the HTC DNA and if I wanted that. I never even asked for it.

Global Posts
    5,149 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    I'm happy that you are mature and have enough experience to know when somethin is unit related rather than product related. Theres a lot of people out there who would have started bashing the DNA and trying to turn people away from the phone because of unit related defects. however, you stuck with it because it is a damn good phone. I commend you sir!
    Thanks, I have grown very patience over the years using mainly blackberries lol so this was the same old same old. Found a good unit, love the phone!