Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Proximity Sensor Sensitivity

Has anyone else had an issue with the proximity sensor being oversensitive? If I'm in a call, I normally hold the phone in my left hand. If I unlock the screen then try to do anything with my right hand, the screen goes black. The proximity sensor seems so sensitive that just a finger 3-4 inches above the top-right quadrant of the phone will set it off. I haven't had this problem with other phones; is it just me, or are others having this issue too?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Proximity Sensor Sensitivity

I have it with the SGS3, annoyed me for awhile but changed how I do things just a bit...

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I just picked up my DNA this morning and still getting used to the change from Samsung to HTC. One thing I have noticed during calls is the screen stays on and does not go dim. My cheek has activated the screen several times during calls and once somehow started a video in the middle of my call. How do I check the proximity sensor to see if there is a setting to turn it on or off? Can't find it?

Bryan

I read somewhere (and I'm trying to find out where) that if you have a screen protector that does not have an opening on for the P Sensor that it will interfere with its operation. It's difficult to find a screen protector which definitely shows having the cutout! Perhaps that is the issue?