DNA @ Amazon

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
FYI, the DNA is 149.99 at Amazon. I've seen a lot of people having good luck getting Best Buy to match the price at Amazon for the Note 2

I was gonna wait, but if I can get them to match, plus the 50.00 discount from Best Buy I get thats a 100.00 :D

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You can't price match on cell phones. At least, when I called they said it wasn't possible--if you read in the teeny tiny fine print, it says it does not apply to mobile devices. Though, I guess this is up to their discretion. btw what $50 BB discount are you referring to?

I just dropped $280 because I didn't want to wait two months from Amazon. I called Best Buy and he said they didn't do price matches on mobile devices. :\. Would this have worked in-store?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't price match on cell phones. At least, when I called they said it wasn't possible--if you read in the teeny tiny fine print, it says it does not apply to mobile devices. Though, I guess this is up to their discretion. btw what $50 BB discount are you referring to?

I just dropped $280 because I didn't want to wait two months from Amazon. I called Best Buy and he said they didn't do price matches on mobile devices. :\. Would this have worked in-store?

This is wrong. At this time best buy price matches cell phones from local competitors and for a limited time they are matching online competitors. I think till the holidays are over. They matched my price couple weeks ago and about to price match it again. Plenty of people on these forums that have posted picture of receipt showing the price matching.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This is wrong. At this time best buy price matches cell phones from local competitors and for a limited time they are matching online competitors. I think till the holidays are over. They matched my price couple weeks ago and about to price match it again. Plenty of people on these forums that have posted picture of receipt showing the price matching.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Dang, just spent $50 more from Verizon because I didn't want to wait 2 months from Amazon. It says directly on their site they don't price-match mobile devices, and the guy I spoke with on the phone reiterated that. Such a headache getting a new phone lol. Someone else on the Verizon AC forum guaranteed waiving the $30 Verizon fee would be a piece of cake, but I wasn't able to do that even after speaking with 2 CS reps.

edit:// Just spoke with another rep, she said they don't do mobile price matching online; I could try ordering online and then price-matching in-store, but are you absolutely sure they can price-match in-store? I cancelled my Verizon order and I'm going to try doing it through Best Buy. Here's to hoping the Amazon price doesn't fluctuate back up to $199 any time soon :p.

Do you mind linking where people posted receipts? I have a feeling my Best Buy won't honor the mobile price match, so I want to provide a solid case.

Last edited:

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not doubting you, I'm just telling you what their CS keeps telling me, which is that they do not price-match cell phones for any online orders. I called twice, asked two different departments (CS and mobile).

I want to know is if I can price-match something picked up in-store but ordered it online; since the droid DNA is only available online, I'm worried they can't price-match. Have you heard of people getting this specific device price-matched? I'm hoping this sort of thing really just depends on the manager.

This is from their price match FAQ:
Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. . . Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases.

What fine print are you talking about? No such fine print like that exists.

Plenty of people have done this successfully at best buy stores.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=226462

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=217332

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

They had a special during the summer where you signed up your Cell Phone numbers and when you upgraded via Best Buy you get a 50.00 Gift Card you can use

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You didn't look at my links. I have no knowledge about price matching online, only in store. The links I have provided you will be very informative and I recommend them to you highly.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the links--but I couldn't find out whether or not the Razr Maxx was available in-store or online-only.

You didn't look at my links. I have no knowledge about price matching online, only in store. The links I have provided you will be very informative and I recommend them to you highly.

PROBLEM SOLVED! It's available at Target for $150 :DD.