Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Many uses for a OTG cable!!

The OP mentioned connecting a D80. I have been unsuccessful in connecting any Nikon DSLRs to the DNA with my OTG cable. I have a D80 among them. I don't think it's the cable, since I was able to easily mount thumb drives and SD cards from a reader, and I was able to connect a game controller and mouse. It might be the apps I'm using. I've tried DSLR Dashboard and Helicon Remote, and neither one recognizes a camera. Any suggestions as to what I might need to do? I tried using a powered hub, and still no dice. It's worth noting that I did receive the "plug in compatible charger" alert, so maybe it IS my cable, but it is compatible with other accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
    I tried my OTG cable on my Little Dot DAC1 and it worked. But the music crackles alittle bit so I don't no if its the phone or the DAC. Has any body else tried there phone DAC? And when I unpluged the OTG CABLE from the phone it would lock up. When I hooked a USB key board and mouse and unhooked it it didn't lock up.

I don't know about the Little Dot DAC1 but my FIIO E-17 DAC cannot be used with a mobile device as a DAC. It can only be used as an amplifier by connecting the 1/8" stereo jack from my phone's headphone output to the FIIO's input. At that point the FIIO is strictly doing amplification with no actual DAC conversion. There are other DACs out there that are specifically designed for mobile use.

Sent from my HTC DNA using Android Central Forums

Has anyone tried an ethernet to usb device on their DNA via a OTG cbale?

Quote Originally Posted by RicochetSEW View Post
    Has anyone tried an ethernet to usb device on their DNA via a OTG cbale?
    Not with the one I have..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Have you tried connecting the drive the the cable first, then connecting to your phone. Oddly enough that did help some.
    got my cable today. plugged it in, then plugged in my micro-sd-card; no go. then re-read through this thread; decided to try what is suggested here before re-formatting to FAT32. Worked!

But a question: just exactly how does one unmount the card before unplugging the cable?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12