Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do text message notifications work?

I'm curious if this feature has been improved upon in the past years, it's really annoying how it'll group "2 new messages" or something together and then stop notifying you about both of them, even if you've only read one of them, has any of this changed? I always find myself seeing new texts getting buried under others because I don't realize I have any unread texts due to the phone thinking I've read them all when I really haven't!

I'm curious if the way Jellybean handles messages with previewing some of the message right in the notification area and being able to swipe away ones you've seen is there.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Default Re: How do text message notifications work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Fasolo View Post
    I'm curious if this feature has been improved upon in the past years, it's really annoying how it'll group "2 new messages" or something together and then stop notifying you about both of them, even if you've only read one of them, has any of this changed? I always find myself seeing new texts getting buried under others because I don't realize I have any unread texts due to the phone thinking I've read them all when I really haven't!

I'm curious if the way Jellybean handles messages with previewing some of the message right in the notification area and being able to swipe away ones you've seen is there.
    In Jelly Bean there is only one notification regardless of how many messages there are from different senders. With the expandable notifications in Jelly Bean you get a bit more information about who sent the messages, but they're still lumped together. If you tap on the notification it will disappear.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do text message notifications work?

Quote Originally Posted by gharkay View Post
    In Jelly Bean there is only one notification regardless of how many messages there are from different senders. With the expandable notifications in Jelly Bean you get a bit more information about who sent the messages, but they're still lumped together. If you tap on the notification it will disappear.
    Ah okay, I guess the way it was advertised I saw like, a text, Google Voice, email, etc. That's lame though, I wish they didn't lump, or it was at least a setting. Thanks a lot though for finally answering this haha