I am not savvy enough to mess with rooting just yet... I am looking for a simple launcher that will enable me to build a minimalist launcher and keep my phone speedy, clean, and visually uncomplicated but with an artsy eye-pleasing home screen.

Would Zeam Launcher be a good choice? Can it be coupled with beautiful widgets or would that defeat the purpose? Any/all suggestions and/or recommendations would be sincerely appreciated.

FYI: The only apps I will be using are very few... pretty much the following:

Swift Key3
    Adobe
    Clock and Calendar
    Google Gmail
    Google Drive
    Google Talk
    Ebook Reader which I will link to my Calibre library I hope... (Kindle plus one of the following: Aldiko, Moon+ Reader, or FBReader???)
    Bank Apps
    Games (Just a few like: Cut the Rope, Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft)
    12-14-2012 06:19 PM
    Is there some reason why you can't keep the stock launcher and keep it simple? Is there a particular feature in a launcher you are looking for?

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    12-14-2012 08:28 PM
    I was lead to believe that the stock launcher was bloated and thus ran slower... not true? I was thinking that Zeam or something similar would minimal-ize and lower the demand on my phone. Incorrect?
    12-14-2012 09:07 PM
    just use sense. it's intuitive, looks good, and runs nice and fast. reports of nova and other launchers causing issues and battery drain. i use nova on my s3 because touch wiz is garbage, but i refuse to use it on my dna.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
    joansin likes this.
    12-14-2012 10:34 PM
    Sense blazes on this phone. I've tried nova, adw and one other I can't think of. Didn't like any of them as much as the stock launcher. Some of the features I like more than features on other launchers. For example, I love the way you add widgets to home screens in sense. Not so much in any of the other launchers
    12-14-2012 10:52 PM
    I was lead to believe that the stock launcher was bloated and thus ran slower... not true? I was thinking that Zeam or something similar would minimal-ize and lower the demand on my phone. Incorrect?
    I think that was the case in the past. HTC tried to make Sense into all things for all people. It seems that starting with Sense 4 that they have reduced the "bloat". I have been a stock Android fan for a long time, but haven't found a compelling reason to use any different launchers. Although I will admit that Action Launcher is nicely different and I have purchased it to see where he goes with it.

Steve

12-15-2012 12:51 PM
    Thanks all for the replies.
    Steve: Very helpful thank you; I appreciate your being patient with an old guy regarding new tech! I'm learning fast.
    12-15-2012 02:29 PM
    You are welcome! I hope you enjoy the device!

12-15-2012 02:44 PM