Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jayochs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Minimalist Setup For Speed and Ease of Use

I am not savvy enough to mess with rooting just yet... I am looking for a simple launcher that will enable me to build a minimalist launcher and keep my phone speedy, clean, and visually uncomplicated but with an artsy eye-pleasing home screen.

Would Zeam Launcher be a good choice? Can it be coupled with beautiful widgets or would that defeat the purpose? Any/all suggestions and/or recommendations would be sincerely appreciated.

FYI: The only apps I will be using are very few... pretty much the following:

Swift Key3
    Adobe
    Clock and Calendar
    Google Gmail
    Google Drive
    Google Talk
    Ebook Reader which I will link to my Calibre library I hope... (Kindle plus one of the following: Aldiko, Moon+ Reader, or FBReader???)
    Bank Apps
    Games (Just a few like: Cut the Rope, Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft)

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Minimalist Setup For Speed and Ease of Use

Is there some reason why you can't keep the stock launcher and keep it simple? Is there a particular feature in a launcher you are looking for?

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was lead to believe that the stock launcher was bloated and thus ran slower... not true? I was thinking that Zeam or something similar would minimal-ize and lower the demand on my phone. Incorrect?

just use sense. it's intuitive, looks good, and runs nice and fast. reports of nova and other launchers causing issues and battery drain. i use nova on my s3 because touch wiz is garbage, but i refuse to use it on my dna.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
    joansin likes this.

Sense blazes on this phone. I've tried nova, adw and one other I can't think of. Didn't like any of them as much as the stock launcher. Some of the features I like more than features on other launchers. For example, I love the way you add widgets to home screens in sense. Not so much in any of the other launchers

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by RicochetSEW View Post
    I was lead to believe that the stock launcher was bloated and thus ran slower... not true? I was thinking that Zeam or something similar would minimal-ize and lower the demand on my phone. Incorrect?
    I think that was the case in the past. HTC tried to make Sense into all things for all people. It seems that starting with Sense 4 that they have reduced the "bloat". I have been a stock Android fan for a long time, but haven't found a compelling reason to use any different launchers. Although I will admit that Action Launcher is nicely different and I have purchased it to see where he goes with it.

Steve

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks all for the replies.
    Steve: Very helpful thank you; I appreciate your being patient with an old guy regarding new tech! I'm learning fast.

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

You are welcome! I hope you enjoy the device!