1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default SwiftKey vs Stock Keyboard

Would like to know everyones opinion of Swift Key vs the Stock Keyboard. I am new to android, but have used both over the last couple weeks. I havent noticed any real advantage to Swiftkey. I think they both have very similar features. Both do a good job of suggesting words and corrections. In some ways I like the stock keyboard better, just not sure yet.

What does everyone think?

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Default Re: SwiftKey vs Stock Keyboard

The longer you use Swiftkey the better it will get, it has to learn from you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

^ seriously.

At first I was like wow, it's not really that accurate or easy to press the right letters. But once you use it for a while, you can literally like type NONE of the correct letters, but it knows exactly WHICH letters you meant to press , so I can now type like - as fast as I think, which is something to say on a phone! And once it learns from your Facebook, SMS, blog, Twitter, etc. I find myself pressing the next word continuously and it knows exactly what I was going to say, like type someone's first name, it suggests last name, type "by" and it'll assume "the" and "way" are next. And the skins are great, best keyboard I've ever encountered!

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

I prefer SwiftKey too. Not because I think the htc keyboard is bad, it just doesn't have some of the features of have grown accustomed to with SwiftKey. The long press actions are perfect and I really prefer the number pad style number layout. I do find that I sometimes hit a letter rather than the space bar, SwiftKey almost always catches it for me.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Ya SwiftKey is pretty incredible. The predictions get so good that sometimes you don't even have to type anything. It even remembers custom words and names after a while. But that being said some of the new stock keyboards are getting a lot better. I also like the fact that you can add arrow keys to the keyboard. Handy for moving around.

Have you tried the new SwiftKey Flow? It out in beta and can be downloaded for free. It adds the Swype style of keystrokes to the regular keyboard. Worth a try.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I bought the paid version of SwiftKey3. The stock keyboard on my Stellar, is a pain in the a$$ to type on.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I will keep with the Swiftkey for now, since I paid for it. I am impressed with stock keyboard on the DNA. I believe they have really stepped up the functionality to match a lot of what Swiftkey brings.

thanks all for the input.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Swift Key, hands down.

Type Smart......better than....

htc keyboard, after all these years, STILL hiccups and lags, and then has to catch up to you and spazzes out. yuck. SwiftKey all the way!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    htc keyboard, after all these years, STILL hiccups and lags, and then has to catch up to you and spazzes out. yuck. SwiftKey all the way!

Yeah, I've also seen the same with the Android Stock keyboard. I'm not sure what SwiftKey does, but they sure seem to known what they are doing with both predictions and performance.

Steve

Swiftkey, hands down.

ROM
    Stock

SwiftKey isn't bad at all. I use that more then the jelly bean kb

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evolved(work phone).
    Quad-Core Power!!!

ROM
    Stock

Anybody still using Swype or has everyone pretty much migrated over to swiftkey?

Btw, has Swiftkey lagged on this phone for anybody? I'm coming from an old phone so it's probably due to that, but a lot of the times I'll type faster than it recognizes me, not every time, but sometimes. And sometimes a key will like get froze and stay displaying like, the square and "K" or any other letter and I have to reset to get it to go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Fasolo View Post
    Btw, has Swiftkey lagged on this phone for anybody?
    No, not in the least. I type as fast as I can, and and it's always one step ahead of me. ;-)

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

I love SwiftKey, I couldn't go back to stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

swiftkey. It is an easy choice.

Btw, has Swiftkey lagged on this phone for anybody? I'm coming from an old phone so it's probably due to that, but a lot of the times I'll type faster than it recognizes me, not every time, but sometimes. And sometimes a key will like get froze and stay displaying like, the square and "K" or any other letter and I have to reset to get it to go away!
    yes. SwiftKey 3 is utter crap. i refuse to use it because it's much worse than SwiftKey x, and lags on every phone I own (nexus, s3, rezound, dna)... i still use SwiftKey x on them all.. just wish x had that space bar correction thing. flow isn't bad, but i use the swipe left to delete too often that i can't live without it anymore, yet another reason why when they updates 3 to have flow it will be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    yes. SwiftKey 3 is utter crap. i refuse to use it because it's much worse than SwiftKey x, and lags on every phone I own (nexus, s3, rezound, dna)... i still use SwiftKey x on them all.. just wish x had that space bar correction thing. flow isn't bad, but i use the swipe left to delete too often that i can't live without it anymore, yet another reason why when they updates 3 to have flow it will be awful.

Ah woah, wow! I haven't had THAT much lag with it, just sometimes, and I didn't really notice it after 3 vs. X, seemed the same and I figured it was my slow phone! Interesting though, is there a way to get X and not 3?

Ah woah, wow! I haven't had THAT much lag with it, just sometimes, and I didn't really notice it after 3 vs. X, seemed the same and I figured it was my slow phone! Interesting though, is there a way to get X and not 3?
    nope... i just luckily had a backup on mybackuppro on my gs3 because i never rooted it so I had to use that instead of titanium lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
    Anybody still using Swype or has everyone pretty much migrated over to swiftkey?
    I'm a long-time Swype user - so much so that I feel crippled when using a non-swype keboard. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with the HTC keyboard's swyping option. I'm even happier with the SwiftKey Flow beta and expect to keep it as my main pad.
    rooted eris+xtraSense > Dinc2 > DNA