Netflix Streaming Playback Issues

dnidi82

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Streaming Netflix using 4g or Wifi the playback and audio is cutting in and out. Lagging, as if it is constantly buffering. Pausing and starting doesn't help the buffer. I have noticed this every time I stream with Netflix. I was watching Breaking Bad on my laptop and it was playing fine, with no lag. I went to bed and finished the episode on the DNA and the audio was starting and stopping constantly. I know my Wifi connection was working fine on the laptop and when I switch over to 4g I get the same performance issues with Netflix when using the phone.

I have not seen this issue using YouTube or other streaming media.

Anyone else seen this?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not here. Just watched the Iverson 30for30 . No problems at all. Even watched it on 3g at work.

sent from my iPhone 10s now with 1080p

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No problems here, either... I've streamed quite a bit of content from Netflix, over both wifi and 4g.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You may be seeing the wifi issues several people here and over at xda are seeing. The problem is NOT understood, I was trying to stream slacker radio christmas music on Sat.. and it too popped in and out, do a search you'll find some other threads on this.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No issues at all for me. No wifi issues, no Netflix streaming issues ..

Correct for you but the OP Must become aware there is a growing community of people with wifi issues. He just doesn't know which group he's in at the moment.
I've burned alot of time trying to determine if it' my 'env' or the phone, while my env works with everything else (desktops, ipads, playbook, thunderbolt) but 2 dna take hits.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Correct for you but the OP Must become aware there is a growing community of people with wifi issues. He just doesn't know which group he's in at the moment.
I've burned alot of time trying to determine if it' my 'env' or the phone, while my env works with everything else (desktops, ipads, playbook, thunderbolt) but 2 dna take hits.

The OP said he is having an issue with Netflix on 4G, and on wifi. Doesn't seem like this is related to a wifi issue. Seems like a Netflix issue for the OP ...

dnidi82

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The OP said he is having an issue with Netflix on 4G, and on wifi. Doesn't seem like this is related to a wifi issue. Seems like a Netflix issue for the OP ...

True, I saw this issue with using both Wifi and 4g. Having read more about Wifi issues with the DNA I want to confirm my results using 4g and Netflix streaming again. My internet connection at the house is suspect to begin with, DSL and a crappy router that goes in and out all the time. My wife has a newer Mac Book Pro Air that every time she connects to our wifi, the Mac knocks the router out all together and we have to reset it. So, I have some issues to begin with, but I would like to confirm my earlier experience with Netflix over 4g and Wifi, perhaps on a different wifi network.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
True, I saw this issue with using both Wifi and 4g. Having read more about Wifi issues with the DNA I want to confirm my results using 4g and Netflix streaming again. My internet connection at the house is suspect to begin with, DSL and a crappy router that goes in and out all the time. My wife has a newer Mac Book Pro Air that every time she connects to our wifi, the Mac knocks the router out all together and we have to reset it. So, I have some issues to begin with, but I would like to confirm my earlier experience with Netflix over 4g and Wifi, perhaps on a different wifi network.

Do you have a good 4G signal that you can test on? Are you in a good 4G area?

dnidi82

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a good 4G signal that you can test on? Are you in a good 4G area?

I streamed via YouTube and Netflix on Wifi and 4g. Outside of a slow internet provider (2.5mb down) I didn't have any issues. So, for now it seems my issue doesn't exist. Or at least I couldn't re-create it. 4g playback was good, no issue with video or audio. I will test the Wifi again, on a faster connection at some point. Living in the sticks sucks, I have no options for the home internet connection, DSL or Satellite. At least Verizon has 4g out here. Now I miss my old unlimited plan.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a little trouble on my Nexus 7 (Android 4.2) Audio skipping, stuttering a little. It's not terrible, but it's enough to be annoying.

I can switch to my phone (Windows Phone 8) or laptop (Mac OS X 10.6.8) on the same Wi-fi network and there is no problem whatsoever. Has to be an issue with Jellybean 4.2 or the app or both I'm thinking...

Jeff Seager

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I think you may be onto something there, if you're suggesting that Netflix and Android 4.2 don't play well together.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch tablet, and Netflix streaming was great until Samsung pushed out the upgrade to 4.2. (this device shipped with 4.1.1, I believe). Since the upgrade, I've had repeated problems with Netflix buffering using my home wi-fi (haven't tried it elsewhere). I can exit Netflix and clear the buffer, and things go alright for a while, but it always gets to a point where the audio first gets choppy and then the buffering goes into a loop.

Everything worked fine before the Android upgrade. I've tried uninstalling all Netflix updates, then reinstalling them using the Google Play Store. That seemed to help briefly, but maybe it was wishful thinking on my part. I've seen no practical benefits to the OS upgrade otherwise, and I regret going along with it on this device.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Streaming Netflix using 4g or Wifi the playback and audio is cutting in and out. Lagging, as if it is constantly buffering. Pausing and starting doesn't help the buffer. I have noticed this every time I stream with Netflix. I was watching Breaking Bad on my laptop and it was playing fine, with no lag. I went to bed and finished the episode on the DNA and the audio was starting and stopping constantly. I know my Wifi connection was working fine on the laptop and when I switch over to 4g I get the same performance issues with Netflix when using the phone.

I have not seen this issue using YouTube or other streaming media.

Anyone else seen this?

I've stayed off the newest Netflix update due to too many complaints about problems, but ver. 2.4.0 is working fine, and I've been watching on both 4g and Wi-Fi for five months on my DNA without any problems other than occasional buffering.

Sent from my Highly Technically Capable DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay