Mass Storage

hkbladelawhk

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
There's gotta be a way to enable somehow. I've been messing with this thing for like 5 hours straight. HTC Sync refuses to connect or even recognize. I've tried on my Mac, and my Win 8 VM. Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. WHAT THE ?!

Someone please give me an idea of how to gain access to storage....Preferably for Mac thats not iTunes and isn't gonna cost me anymore money. Coming from the Tbolt, this is an amazingly pissing me off issue....

So yea, ideeaaasss?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There's gotta be a way to enable somehow. I've been messing with this thing for like 5 hours straight. HTC Sync refuses to connect or even recognize. I've tried on my Mac, and my Win 8 VM. Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. WHAT THE ?!

Someone please give me an idea of how to gain access to storage....Preferably for Mac thats not iTunes and isn't gonna cost me anymore money. Coming from the Tbolt, this is an amazingly pissing me off issue....

So yea, ideeaaasss?

There's no such thing as mass storage mode for the DNA. Or any other phone without an sd card for that matter. All you have to do is install the right drivers and your computer should recognize the phone as removable storage automatically.

hkbladelawhk

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well point me to something. I've installed sync manager twice natively, then installed htc sync on my vm. NEITHER recognized....

For mac, it says the device is unavailable....

Not sure that this is anything relevant, but USB debugging keeps turning itself on despite me turning it off (I think this was a known issue with Kies for Samsung).

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I have no idea for Mac. We will have to wait for someone who owns a Mac and got it to work to chime in. My computer is win7 so when the drivers were installed, I just plugged it in and everything was good to go. The only thing I could really think is that maybe they aren't compatible with win8 yet? But I haven't checked recently

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get the HTC sync manager to work with the MAC. BUT all the features did not work. At the very bottom of the page on HTC sync manager it states you must install Windows Office for Mac. So I moved over to my Windows 8 PC and it looks better but I have not had the chance to work with it much. I was frustrated with HTC sync manager on the MAC.

I am having better luck loading stuff onto a flash drive and working with Astro file manager.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Drivers from HTC (Sync) on windows 8. I never got HTC sync to work per se, which means once I've installed it and the latest drivers I just use 'explorer' or whatever file manager you prefer. You should see it show up as a drive within explorer, also you might try enabling USB Debugging from the settings.

DennisLocke

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I know I've been searching all over and it keeps coming back to the same thing... The file structure isn't NTFS or Fat32. But if I can use Windows Explorer to manually move files to and from the Internal storage why can't I find a way (desktop or android) that will allow me to access it using a UNC or Mapped drive address? Obviously, HTC Sync can do this but it is inflexible and I'd rather use a more flexible and thorough program to sync. I've tried FTPDroid (a decent product) to establish connectivity but FTP connections have limitations and the timestamps are all over the board. Any developers out there already have a tool to satisfy this need?