1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Returning my Note 2. Should I go back to GS3 or exchange for DNA?

I have tried the Note 2 for about a week now and determined that it is just too big for my preference. I came from a GS3 and am debating whether or not to go back to it or exchange for the DNA? I know the screen is a huge upgrade from the GS3, but is it worth the $600 off contract price? I do alot outside and would lean towards getting the DNA if the screen was amazing in bright sunlight. I am looking for feedback from previous GS3 users who upgraded to the DNA. Should I go for the DNA or should I go back to my GS3?

Thanks
    Bryan

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean for now.

Default Re: Returning my Note 2. Should I go back to GS3 or exchange for DNA?

I exchanged my RAZR HD for the DNA and couldn't be happier. The pentile display on my Bionic was the best for outside visibility but the quality was no where near the DNA's 1080p LCD3 resolution. I've been with Moto for a long time, since the OG Droid, and am very pleased with my decision. I don't fall in the category for feedback that you're looking for but I can tell you that the DNA is amazingly fast and bright.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

If you still have the GS3 and know you will be happy with it if say hold off. I don't think the DNA full retail price is worth the upgrade. Yes, I'm a huge fan of the DNA, but as far as user experience goes, you are really only gaining the screen improvement. In regular use, I don't really notice a difference in performance between my DNA and my wife's GS3.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    If you still have the GS3 and know you will be happy with it if say hold off. In regular use, I don't really notice a difference in performance between my DNA and my wife's GS3.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I'd agree with Steve

Haven't owned the GS3, and I really love the DNA, but if you need to pay full retail to get a DNA, and already own a Galaxy S3, the difference isn't worth hundreds of dollars! The GS3 is a fantastic phone, in it's own right.

My two cents...

So.....you still own a GS3 or not? If you trade your GN2 back in, shouldnt you be able to get the DNA with money back? I would think if you thought the GN2 was worth $699 off contract....that the DNA is easily worth $599.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Yes, I still have my GS3. Won't sell it until I am 100% sure I like my new phone. I did indeed get the DNA this morning when I returned the GN2. And YES, I did get the difference back of $100. My next upgrade is in March so I can handle the DNA or GS3 until then at worst. Still getting used to the DNA after having the GNex and GS3 and DN2, but after I get used to it, I am sure it will be fine. There are a few things that I have to get straight on the DNA like the wifi isn't working properly (there is another thread on this already) and when I use the phone, the screen doesn't automatically dim so my face is pressing buttons as I talk. I expect there is some sort of setting on this, I just haven't discovered it yet.

Thanks
    Bryan