Screen is good but what about outside in sunlight?

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am considering exchanging my Note 2 for the DNA. My choice is to go back to my GS3 or exchange for DNA. My question that I can't seem to find in the forums is how is the screen outside in bright sunlight compared to the GS3? I spend a lot of time outdoors and the GS3 is acceptable if I turn the screen to 100%. Is the DNA noticeably better in bright sunlight than the GS3?

Thanks
Bryan

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Best screen I have ever seen in the sun. Even with sun shining from my back onto screen, I can see things with white background at 25% brightness enough to read, though prefer about 50%. Tested out after reading your post otherwise auto brightness is what I have kept it on with no problems in this regard. Biggest issue is the smudges from fingers reflecting the light, but a quick wipe and all is good!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am considering exchanging my Note 2 for the DNA. My choice is to go back to my GS3 or exchange for DNA. My question that I can't seem to find in the forums is how is the screen outside in bright sunlight compared to the GS3? I spend a lot of time outdoors and the GS3 is acceptable if I turn the screen to 100%. Is the DNA noticeably better in bright sunlight than the GS3?

Thanks
Bryan
It's an IPS LCD so it is far better in sunlight than the AMOLED on the SGS3.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks
Bryan
Could I ask why you're returning the note 2?

I have and love the DNA but my wife wants the extra screen real estate of the note 2 so we'll probably be getting her that. I'd be interested in knowing what you didn't like about the note.

Btw, even in bright sunlight the screen of the DNA is clear and legible and that's with auto brightness. A million percent better than the screen on the gnex.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
With the phone set on Auto-brightness it handles and compensates better than most phones I've used, I previously never used this feature since it never seemed to give me the brightness I needed, but this one works very well.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
With the phone set on Auto-brightness it handles and compensates better than most phones I've used, I previously never used this feature since it never seemed to give me the brightness I needed, but this one works very well.

Exactly. This has been my experience as well. 1st phone I have owned that I feel I can use the auto-brightness, and it does a great job. For the OP, I can see pretty well outside.