Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lou61166
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Screen is good but what about outside in sunlight?

I am considering exchanging my Note 2 for the DNA. My choice is to go back to my GS3 or exchange for DNA. My question that I can't seem to find in the forums is how is the screen outside in bright sunlight compared to the GS3? I spend a lot of time outdoors and the GS3 is acceptable if I turn the screen to 100%. Is the DNA noticeably better in bright sunlight than the GS3?

Thanks
    Bryan

Default Re: Screen is good but what about outside in sunlight?

I can't compare it to the GS3 but I can say that it is a lot better in sunlight then my Tbolt was.
    Thanked by:

Best screen I have ever seen in the sun. Even with sun shining from my back onto screen, I can see things with white background at 25% brightness enough to read, though prefer about 50%. Tested out after reading your post otherwise auto brightness is what I have kept it on with no problems in this regard. Biggest issue is the smudges from fingers reflecting the light, but a quick wipe and all is good!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ncbryan View Post
    I am considering exchanging my Note 2 for the DNA. My choice is to go back to my GS3 or exchange for DNA. My question that I can't seem to find in the forums is how is the screen outside in bright sunlight compared to the GS3? I spend a lot of time outdoors and the GS3 is acceptable if I turn the screen to 100%. Is the DNA noticeably better in bright sunlight than the GS3?

Thanks
    Bryan
    It's an IPS LCD so it is far better in sunlight than the AMOLED on the SGS3.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    It's an IPS LCD so it is far better in sunlight than the AMOLED on the SGS3.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    This. I've had both.
    Thanked by 2:

Work outside,the DNA is great in sunlight,easily beats other phone i have had.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aallison1882 View Post
    I can't compare it to the GS3 but I can say that it is a lot better in sunlight then my Tbolt was.
    Agreed. DNA is much better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ncbryan View Post

Thanks
    Bryan
    Could I ask why you're returning the note 2?

I have and love the DNA but my wife wants the extra screen real estate of the note 2 so we'll probably be getting her that. I'd be interested in knowing what you didn't like about the note.

Btw, even in bright sunlight the screen of the DNA is clear and legible and that's with auto brightness. A million percent better than the screen on the gnex.

With the phone set on Auto-brightness it handles and compensates better than most phones I've used, I previously never used this feature since it never seemed to give me the brightness I needed, but this one works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jamdmyers View Post
    With the phone set on Auto-brightness it handles and compensates better than most phones I've used, I previously never used this feature since it never seemed to give me the brightness I needed, but this one works very well.
    Exactly. This has been my experience as well. 1st phone I have owned that I feel I can use the auto-brightness, and it does a great job. For the OP, I can see pretty well outside.