Nokia DT-900 Qi Charger

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I received this charger yesterday. At night, I shut off my phone and placed it on the charger. The phone charged overnight. However, the white light on the charger stayed on the whole time. The phone probably only needed 3 or 4 hrs of charging as it wasn't even half drained. Does the Nokia charger only shut off if the phone is on so it can get feedback? I figured it's best to leave the phone off because it stays cool and it's good to reboot periodically.

Hope I'm not killing the battery overcharging.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure my while light stays on as long as the phone is on the dock. I was assuming that wasn't an indicator for charging but for docking. I have always charged my phones during the night while being on, I don't think you will benefit in any way by turning your phone off.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
According to the Nokia directions, the white light should go off when the phone is fully charged. I believe it is then supposed to stop charging. Maybe mine is only going to 99% instead of 100%.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry forgot to check last night but this morning while fully charged the white light was still on. However on my device should it was fully charged and not charging so I wouldn't worry about over charging.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the instructions said it does a "slow blink" when fully charged. I use mine at work, and haven't seen a slow blink yet, though. But I don't necessarily leave it on long enough, either.

I also think that it might be better to leave the phone on. On other android devices I have had, charging only works properly if the device is on. In fact, the device TURNS on when you plug in power.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non