Simple trick to make phone faster
If this is old news, then sorry about the re-post. (I'm an android newb)
Someone showed me yesterday how to increase the speed of my phone in a few steps.
Go to Settings > Developer Options> Advanced.
Now from the advanced menu, change all animation speeds from 1x to .5x (there should be three)
And there you go, you'll notice a quicker lockscreen and faster app launches. pretty neat!
sidenote: I know this isn't technically making your phone faster (increasing cpu speed etc..) BUT with faster animations it IS making the phone work faster and appear faster
- 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM #2
- 31 Posts
Re: Simple trick to make phone faster
watch out with this because by doing this, I would get this screen bug after taking a picture and quickly reviewing my picture. The screen would fade out and you'd have to shut the screen off and back on for it to work again. I have a thread over on XDA about it.
Here's a video of what happens
Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
- By lehman44 in forum Motorola Droid X2Replies: 3Last Post: 10-07-2011, 10:22 PM
- By sami055 in forum T-Mobile Optimus TReplies: 2Last Post: 04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
- By xintensex in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-13-2010, 05:55 AM
- By chompy in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
- By lay6 in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2010, 11:37 AM