HTC Media Stereo in car Link @ Verizon

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
For me i have a stock stereo in my 07' Altima with a AUX port on the front. No Built in Blue Tooth. I'm going to pick this up at the end of the Month. If you want it Check your Local Verizon store. :)

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I have had one for over a year. Purchased it at a Sprint store when the One X came out. It works flawlessly with the DNA in my 2011 Nissan Maxima. The nice benefit is that the DNA will auto connect to my car Blue tooth for calling and the HTC stick for stereo. The frequency response is also excellent as you don't haveto crank the volume up too much when streaming music. I tried the new BlackBerry Bluetooth stereo bypass and it worked but I had to turn my stereo upto almost 75% just to equal the ssound level of the HTC at about 30% volume.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I use the Belkin Auto cast with Blue tooth. Turns my Aux port into a blue tooth receiver and does both Blue tooth streaming and hands free.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't want to spend $60 on the HTC A100 StereoClip or $80 on the Belkin AirCast? The "Car Bluetooth Wireless Music Audio Receiver Dongle for iPhone 4 4S 5 iPod Touch" made by EDUP can be had on eBay for $23. I have both. The HTC dongle is better looking...but I prefer the EDUP model, for it has a bigger battery. Both work the same and sound the same.

On a separate note, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the DNA's Beats Audio amp WORKS when connected via Bluetooth to the dongles (and Bluetooth speakers, such as my Jawbone Big Jambox).

jobjohnny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had one for over a year. Purchased it at a Sprint store when the One X came out. It works flawlessly with the DNA in my 2011 Nissan Maxima. The nice benefit is that the DNA will auto connect to my car Blue tooth for calling and the HTC stick for stereo. The frequency response is also excellent as you don't haveto crank the volume up too much when streaming music. I tried the new BlackBerry Bluetooth stereo bypass and it worked but I had to turn my stereo upto almost 75% just to equal the ssound level of the HTC at about 30% volume.

I too have the stereo clip but it doesn't auto connect for me. I need to go into the phone settings, Bluetooth, then hit the HTC Stereo Clip for it to connect.

Care to share how yours auto connects?

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Nothing to share really. I paired my DNA with my Nissan Maxima car Bluetooth first, then the HTC clip. I don't leave my Bluetooth turned on when not in the car to save on battery. I also have my HTC clip plugged into a power source in my console 24/7, so that it is always on. I usually turn my car on and then the Bluetooth on the DNA and it always auto connects to both. Sometimes if I leave the Bluetooth on and leave my car to run a quick errand and return the car system always connects but sometimes I have to manually connect to the HTC Clip. If I turn my Bluetooth on after getting in the car it always connects by itself. The only two phones I have found that will auto connect to my car and the HTC Clip regardless of whether Bluetooth is left on or off is the RAZR Maxx HD and the HTC 8x. Sometimes I wonder if I should have kept one of those because I drive a lot and it is really convenient when I don't have to think about connecting Bluetooth.

jobjohnny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, techgeek32. I essentially do the same thing that you do. But I always leave my bluetooth turned on on my phone and I also keep the stereo clip turned on in my car. I have a Subaru Outback and the aux port is deep in the center console. It's a pain to fish around in there to hit the button to turn on/off the stereo clip, so every time I get in my car I need to go into my phone's settings, bluetooth, and press the "HTC Car A100 V2.4B"

The process isn't terribly demanding or time consuming, but I was hoping the two devices would see each other and connect automatically just like the bluetooth phone system in my car does with my phone.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
That might be the reason. You always leave your Bluetooth turned on. I don't. I turn my Bluetooth on after I start my car. The only phone that has worked flawlessly either way and always automatically connects is the HTC 8x. If it didn't have so many shortcomings I might have kept it, but I still prefer Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta