Phone goes into deep sleep?

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When my phone is not in use, ie just sitting there on my desk during the day, the wifi turns off and I get no data. Therefore I get no e-mail. I still get texts and phone calls. Also any app that uses data will error out. When I wake my phone up to check on something I have to wait for wifi to reenable. Does anybody have this problem?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
When my phone is not in use, ie just sitting there on my desk during the day, the wifi turns off and I get no data. Therefore I get no e-mail. I still get texts and phone calls. Also any app that uses data will error out. When I wake my phone up to check on something I have to wait for wifi to reenable. Does anybody have this problem?

I have an issue where my wifi turns off, and so do a lot of other people, and that seems to be a bug with how the phone handles different wifi frequencies. It also seems that when you're connected to a known wifi source and it disconnects it still onl . Wants to be connected to wifi so it doesn't activate the radios instead. I haven't had an app error out because of it yet, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
One instance of this happening is I have Weatherbug elite running with the temp in the top information bar. When I wake it up out of sleep or hit the power button it looks like it has tried to refresh but did not have a data connection so it timed out. So when I slide down the info bar and tap on it to refresh it will, but that is once the wifi has reconnected. Does that make sense?

soulow

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Try pulling the notification bar down and click on your wi fi to go to it's setting. There should be an option that shuts down wi fi while not in use. If it does not say never then click on it and select never.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan