Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC needs to release a software update for the DNA

Does anyone else agree?

The Droid DNA is an awesomely spec'd phone, There's no denying that. I returned my Samsung Galaxy s3 to get this phone instead.

But there is just a few things I can't seem to get over.

The DNA has a Quad Core cpu... Why are there hiccups? My galaxy s3 with a dual core cpu was smoother than this phone. (Just saying)

Coming from an Iphone 4s and a Galaxy S3, I expected this phone to be even more impressive. Even though I am generally happy with my phone and am not looking to return or anything like that. I just want it to run like it should. (With project BUTTER and all)

I hope this phone gets a minor software update soon..

Default Re: HTC needs to release a software update for the DNA

I know that HTC is bad at releasing updates. I hope that it changed for your sake.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    I know that HTC is bad at releasing updates. I hope that it changed for your sake.
    so i've heard

I'd settle for a Cyanogenmod release
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

there's hope

Mine is fantastic. There is no lag and I love it. Not sure if you got a bad unit or what, but mine performs very very well.. No hiccups ..

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

I agree no lag here either especially since I went into apps/all and disabled all bloatware..than hid the rest from the app drawer

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Djnikkofb View Post
    I agree no lag here either especially since I went into apps/all and disabled all bloatware..than hid the rest from the app drawer

What apps did you disable? I I've been wanting to do this, but I've been nervous that I'll disable the wrong thing and brick the phone.

Default HTC needs to release a software update for the DNA

Quote Originally Posted by pingplayer01 View Post
    What apps did you disable? I I've been wanting to do this, but I've been nervous that I'll disable the wrong thing and brick the phone.
    It won't let you disable anything that would brick your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRE View Post

there's hope
    Yes, I am sold now lol. ROM looks nice!
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

I pretty much disabled all Verizon added junk except backup, because you will get a fc under the contacts playing with the backup options. Also disabled anything I wouldn't use. But JHBThree is right some apps can't be disabled because its part of the system. So there is a minor fail safe.

I can't say that I know what "hiccups" you are referring to... My DNA runs very smooth.

Can you be more specific what exactly you mean?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRE View Post
    Does anyone else agree?

The Droid DNA is an awesomely spec'd phone, There's no denying that. I returned my Samsung Galaxy s3 to get this phone instead.

But there is just a few things I can't seem to get over.

The DNA has a Quad Core cpu... Why are there hiccups? My galaxy s3 with a dual core cpu was smoother than this phone. (Just saying)

Coming from an Iphone 4s and a Galaxy S3, I expected this phone to be even more impressive. Even though I am generally happy with my phone and am not looking to return or anything like that. I just want it to run like it should. (With project BUTTER and all)

I hope this phone gets a minor software update soon..
    This is annoying. Quad core, 2 gbs of ram with Jellybean and the phone still has tons of slowdowns, freezes and crashes, every day. It's frustrating.

If I were you I would take your phone to see a verizon tech . My phone is as smooth as it can be.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by coach5150 View Post
    If I were you I would take your phone to see a verizon tech . My phone is as smooth as it can be.
    I agree, I haven't had any problems with performance either. No crashes, no stutters. I am running into the SIM problem more and more often though.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    It won't let you disable anything that would brick your phone.
    I mentioned this in another thread. And just my two cents. But be careful disabling stock apps. I know my Stellar is the Ford Pinto of Android phones.
    But I did the same thing. And than the phone started to freeze up constantly.
    I had to do a hard reset to fix the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by artakartel View Post
    This is annoying. Quad core, 2 gbs of ram with Jellybean and the phone still has tons of slowdowns, freezes and crashes, every day. It's frustrating.
    Sounds like you have a lemon.

I don't have any issues ether with the DNA. Had the GS3 for a week and returned it for DNA. I have to say this phone makes the SG3 feel slow. Return yours and start over.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4+

Anyone who is having any kind of lag, hiccups, sluggishness, slowdowns, reboots, etc... should definitely go get a new one. If your phone does any of that you got a bad unit. My phone runs like silk. I've had it for a week now and have not seen one single stutter. With specs like a quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram, this thing better not lag at all. Also, we shouldn't have to run optimization apps or fiddle with system files to get it to run like we want, it should do that out of the box.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wxrusss8 View Post
    Anyone who is having any kind of lag, hiccups, sluggishness, slowdowns, reboots, etc... should definitely go get a new one.
    I'd start with a factory reset, and and analyze what apps you are running. Many times, issues can be caused by poor performing, or counter-productive software added in.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk