1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid DNA battery help??

I just bought my Droid DNA yesterday. When charging the battery, I have noticed that it does not fully charge. It stops at 99% and the orange LED notification light stays orange. Is this a problem for some of you? Also, is this good battery usage and time? I had my phone off during the night (should it be turned off or put on sleep?) How can I maximize battery life? I have made syncing manual, turned the brightness down (auto-brightness uses the camera?), and have limited 3g use. Is there anything else I should do?

Here are some pictures.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid DNA battery help??

Peaking at 99% charge is the norm for my DNA. I've only charged wirelessly, so I cannot speak for micro USB charging. When at a full charge when I retire for the night, with the phone on wi-fi with GPS and Verizon location off, it only dips to the high 80's to low 90's over the 6-7 hour period.

Most Android phones slow charging down, once they get to 99%, so, that is nornal. If you want it to go green, you might need to do something to make your phone draw more power. But, this is not something to worry about.

If you have made syncing manual, that is a very good battery saver, though, I think automatic syncing of some apps is ok. A couple of more things to do are to turn off Fast Boot(some apps don't behave very well with it and, can cause problems) and, check Google Now (long press on the Home button, and, turn off the cards you find of little value).
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hmm, okay, but other than that, my battery seems to be average? or is it worse than some?

Edit: I didn't want to make a new post for this. When I hold down the shutter button to take continuous pictures, the times the shutter clicks and the number of pictures taken are not the same. I can hold the shutter down for around 3 seconds and it will only take around 8 pictures. How can I fix this?

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

Hell yeah, you can go into settings/apps/all apps,and disable all the bloatware you get from Verizon, and junk that runs in the background (dont disable backup plus will cause FC errors in phone book) That will increase daily battery.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad/HTC DNA