GS III wall charger with DNA

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm happily getting my GS III replaced with a "certified like new" DNA from Verizon (8 gs iii replacements later). The lady I talked to said I should just keep the galaxy charger and use it for the DNA rather than them sending me an accessory pack for the DNA. Should this be fine? I know it won't damage the phone or anything, but will it charge to the fullest potential or should I give them another call?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: GS III walk charger with DNA

Personally, I think you should pick up an inductive charger, and just use that!

One of the nicest features of the DNA is build in inductive charging! No need to spend money on an inductive replacement back... just pick up a charging pad, and now, whenever you need to charge your DNA, you just lay it down on the pad, and it starts charging!

Why bother plugging/unplugging a usb cable, unless money is really an issue.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

But if you don't want to do that, then yes the charger from your gs3 will charge your DNA just fine. If you want an extra charger for work or something then give them a call and ask for it but your old charger will work on it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I have charged my phone with a charger from a Galaxy Note, as long as it is a 1 amp charger, which, it will likely be, it should be fine.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think you should pick up an inductive charger, and just use that!

One of the nicest features of the DNA is build in inductive charging! No need to spend money on an inductive replacement back... just pick up a charging pad, and now, whenever you need to charge your DNA, you just lay it down on the pad, and it starts charging!

Why bother plugging/unplugging a usb cable, unless money is really an issue.

I had an inductive charger for an HP TouchPad and it was definitely worth the $35 I had paid, but $70 for a mat is a little out of my price range atm.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys! I my give them a call and just ask them to send me a charger anyway.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I had an inductive charger for an HP TouchPad and it was definitely worth the $35 I had paid, but $70 for a mat is a little out of my price range atm.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys! I my give them a call and just ask them to send me a charger anyway.

I got the LG charging pad, it didn't cost $70, more like $49 and if you have a discount through work, mine is 25%, you'll only pay approx. $30+/- a few bucks.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the LG charging pad, it didn't cost $70, more like $49 and if you have a discount through work, mine is 25%, you'll only pay approx. $30+/- a few bucks.

Where did you get yours?

You went through 8 gs3s? At what point do you begin thinking that the problem isn't with the phone?

Trust me, I examined both myself and the phone and determined it was the phone. I've never been more disappointed with a piece of hardware. I was going to stick with the one I have now despite the fact that reverse burn in has already occurred where the notification bar is (came like that from verizon) and a borderline nonfunctional gps antenna, but the sleep button fell off, so I just said enough is enough.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
You can also get a Nokia charging pad for about $39 @ Verizon. If you can't find one, try a local At&t store.. They always have them in stock but, they'll be a couple $ more. You may also get a sales rep, who will argue with you that it'll not work. Apparently they believe only the Nokia windows phone comes with built in inductive charging.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
You can also get a Nokia charging pad for about $39 @ Verizon. If you can't find one, try a local At&t store.. They always have them in stock but, they'll be a couple $ more. You may also get a sales rep, who will argue with you that it'll not work. Apparently they believe only the Nokia windows phone comes with built in inductive charging.

I picked up mine from a AT&T store and they where shocked that I didn't have a Nokia phone.