Any way to modify the notifications bar?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Although the DNA is fairly large, I can get away with doing most actions one-handed. Though, the one thing that's rather bothersome about a large screen is the notifications bar--I don't like how it takes up the entire screen, so you have to drag your thumb all the way to the bottom to drag it up/use the back button. My hands aren't large, so I have to use two hands to do this efficiently.

Is there any way to set up the notifications window so it only goes down as far as however many notifications you have (e.g. right pic vs. left)? Sound silly, but if you have one hand tied up and you're using something like Power Toggles, it gets kind of annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-23-11-24-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-23-11-24-30.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2012-12-23-11-24-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-23-11-24-16.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 57

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Unless there is an application available to change this then it would be something that would have to be customized by the likes of a custom ROM dev/themer.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to drag it, just flick it back upwards.

Nova Launcher has "actions" you can add to the home screen to show/hide.

I meant having the ability to flick upwards anywhere in the screen, instead of having to move all the way down to the bottom where the "Verizon wireless" text is. I tried setting a Nova Launcher shortcut so "up" would go to the home screen, but they don't work when the notifications bar is down.

It's definitely not a big deal, but if you only have one hand free it's a little unwieldy.
Speaking of Nova Launcher -- is it normal for it to eat up like 20% of your battery? Definitely never happened on my tablet, but on my DNA its the #1 battery drain.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge no android phone/tablet dose this it's n it in the general ui. Unless there is a ustom Rom for this your Stuck with it

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I see the point of the OP, it would be in the lines of the notifications bar in Tablets. If you're find something like that, let me know.