Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to modify the notifications bar?

Although the DNA is fairly large, I can get away with doing most actions one-handed. Though, the one thing that's rather bothersome about a large screen is the notifications bar--I don't like how it takes up the entire screen, so you have to drag your thumb all the way to the bottom to drag it up/use the back button. My hands aren't large, so I have to use two hands to do this efficiently.

Is there any way to set up the notifications window so it only goes down as far as however many notifications you have (e.g. right pic vs. left)? Sound silly, but if you have one hand tied up and you're using something like Power Toggles, it gets kind of annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any way to modify the notifications bar?-screenshot_2012-12-23-11-24-30.jpg   Any way to modify the notifications bar?-screenshot_2012-12-23-11-24-16.jpg  

Default Re: Any way to modify the notifications bar?

Unless there is an application available to change this then it would be something that would have to be customized by the likes of a custom ROM dev/themer.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

You don't have to drag it, just flick it back upwards.

Nova Launcher has "actions" you can add to the home screen to show/hide.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by fowlanguage View Post
    You don't have to drag it, just flick it back upwards.

Nova Launcher has "actions" you can add to the home screen to show/hide.
    I meant having the ability to flick upwards anywhere in the screen, instead of having to move all the way down to the bottom where the "Verizon wireless" text is. I tried setting a Nova Launcher shortcut so "up" would go to the home screen, but they don't work when the notifications bar is down.

It's definitely not a big deal, but if you only have one hand free it's a little unwieldy.
    Speaking of Nova Launcher -- is it normal for it to eat up like 20% of your battery? Definitely never happened on my tablet, but on my DNA its the #1 battery drain.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

To my knowledge no android phone/tablet dose this it's n it in the general ui. Unless there is a ustom Rom for this your Stuck with it

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I see the point of the OP, it would be in the lines of the notifications bar in Tablets. If you're find something like that, let me know.