HTC Gallery doesn't recognize downloaded images?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there any possible way to get HTC's stock gallery app to view all downloaded images? I can only view the ones I downloaded directly as email/txt attachments--I can't view any that I downloaded from other sources (e.g., Box.com), even though they all went to the same "downloads" file and are all JPGs/PNGs.

I want to set wallpapers that I uploaded from Box on my computer, but HTC's gallery doesn't recognize them in the "all downloads" folder. And it doesn't seem like you can aggregate images from cloud storage other than Flickr, FB, or Picasa. Are there any replacement gallery apps you'd recommend, that could also be used to set wallpapers (see left pic). Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-25-18-06-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-25-18-06-14.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2012-12-25-18-03-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-25-18-03-21.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 27

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
QuickPic is an awesome gallery app that should work for you. I've been using it for years without any issues. I haven't used it for the DNA yet but I don't see how it would have any issues.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
In Gallery, select the Menu button -> Show All Albums. If you have Gallery set to show Events, you may need to change it to show Albums, first.
But, Gallery on my phone is set to show all Albums, and, I can see images from my Download folder.

jaseelye

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
QuickPic is a great gallery but you should also give F-Stop Media Gallery a try.

I must admit I am partial since I own the company that develops F-Stop :) but here are a few reasons why you should give it a shot:

• Very fast like QuickPic
  • Only app that reads and organizes your media with tags and ratings.
  • F-Stop can read (write soon) XMP, IPTC and EXIF metadata created by apps like Lightroom, Picasa, Windows Live Photo Gallery, etc
  • Organize collections with Albums, Smart Albums, and Nested Albums
  • Sort by ACTUAL date taken
  • Offline mode
  • Hide media with password protection
  • Much more

We aslo have an update coming very soon that will release even more features. I think that sets us apart too. We work on this full time and provide valuable features with nearly every update -- not just bugfixes like some of the others. This also allows us to provide great support too. We listen to our users and address issues immediately.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,
Jason Seelye
Owner of Seelye Engineering

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
In Gallery, select the Menu button -> Show All Albums. If you have Gallery set to show Events, you may need to change it to show Albums, first.
But, Gallery on my phone is set to show all Albums, and, I can see images from my Download folder.

Thanks :). I was able to add a folder called "All Photos", but it only showed the photos it did before. I still have to download images in a roundabout way. Same with ringtones--I can't just download directly to the "music" or "ringtones" folder, I have to dl to "downloads", then use a file manager app to manually move it. I wish I could get raw 4.1's stock apps, no offense to HTC.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
QuickPic is a great gallery but you should also give F-Stop Media Gallery a try.

Jason Seelye
Owner of Seelye Engineering

Want to tell others on this thread that I just downloaded F-Stop Media, and that this program is fantastic!

If you're looking for a much easier way to view and organize your photos and images, with an emphasis on "organize"... give this program a try!

Jason, kudos on a fantastic app!

Sincerely,
Former QuickPic user!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez