camera help

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Been doing a lot of reading and some rave about the camera on the DNA and some hate it. Read it may be better than s3. I haven't seen anything from my DNA to prove that. Maybe outside it is the same as s3 but inside things are not good. Can anyone give me their two cents. Maybe its something I'm doing wrong.

TriangleZ

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't care for the DNA's camera that much, even coming from the original Incredible. Indoor shots aren't all that great, sure it's a f2.0 lens for low light but the ISO is always set so high that pictures do come out grainy and the color reproduction is a bit flat. I have no experience with the iPhone 4s/5 and s3 cameras, but honestly, the DNA's do not impress me. It's reminiscent of the original Incredible in terms of picture quality, but of course better, but not by too much. The auto focus is also pretty terrible in low light, I need to manually touch screen for focus on many occasions.

Maybe it's because I own a DSLR so I have set the bar higher in terms of photo quality.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
With color saturation set to 0 (default) the colors are too muted and washed out, yet when you put it to +1 it looks cartoon-like. The camera in the iphone (4, 4s, 5) is far, far better. If excellent camera performance is your primary criteria for a smartphone I'd look elsewhere.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem is compression and HTC software. Download camera 360 or camera zoom fx or any after market camera app.

Never use ISO auto. Always use 200 and below even in the aftedmarket app. Auto seems to revert to 1600 which causes blotches and whatnot. 200 makes the image nice and noise free.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2