Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Employee Edition

I'm quite happy with my Note 2 but, I keep eyeing the DNA and its inherently more comfortable hand-feel and I can't stop thinking about both the DNA and the fact that I'm within my return "window". I was pretty much resigned to keeping my Note until I saw a picture of the Employee Edition of the DNA.

My question is: how does one go about getting one of these beauties when not employed by Verizon?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Employee Edition

Apparently a few have ended up on eBay.
    Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

I have seen a few on eBay but they are all pretty much marked up. I actually just returned my Note 2 to the Verizon store a few hours ago and picked up the DNA. I had the same feeling as you, the DNA just felt better in the hand (and I love having autocorrect). I would recommend making the switch even if you can't get an employee edition. Worth it in my opinion while you're still in your return window.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

There's one on eBay right now with a buy-it-now price of $650. No wireless charger, but that is the cheapest I've seen so far.
    HTC One (Blue)
    HTC One (Silver)
    HTC Droid DNA Employee Edition 00960
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G

Unfortunately even to employees the phone is sold out. So eBay is really your only option.

Sent from my Employee Edition DNA
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the replies everyone. That they're sold out is a serious bummer. I'll keep my eyes on eBay though the prices are creeping upward for sure

Default Employee Edition

Quote Originally Posted by gdjsnyder View Post
    I have seen a few on eBay but they are all pretty much marked up. I actually just returned my Note 2 to the Verizon store a few hours ago and picked up the DNA. I had the same feeling as you, the DNA just felt better in the hand (and I love having autocorrect). I would recommend making the switch even if you can't get an employee edition. Worth it in my opinion while you're still in your return window.
    I'm torn between the note 2 and the DNA if you don't mind me asking, do you like the htc more overall? Are you still happy with it? Did you like the note?
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

This may sound a little odd, but: I really like "using" the Note 2 but I don't like "handling" it at all.

If I'm seated, and able to use two hands, the device (Note 2) is fantastic. Getting it out of whatever pocket it was in, or hip-holster? Super awkward. One-handed operation while walking? Treacherous. One-handed operation while driving (no, not texting but, rather, selecting a podcast to listen to) requires a degree of balance that I simply don't possess.

Again, 33% of the time I use my phone (seated) I love it. It's the other 66% of the time that has me oggling the DNA which, to my way of thinking, represents the perfect balance of form and function. Well, either that or I'm a phone/gadget junky and I'm looking for any excuse to justify my quest to have the latest and greatest device, or devices, at all times

I do feel compelled to add that all of the above is purely personal preference and, if I'm being completely honest, every day that passes brings me closer to being comfortable with the Note 2. I'm just acutely aware of the differences because, unless I pony up full retail for the DNA, I have to return the Note 2 by the 15th of January. Of course, if I could have both and just swap sim cards....naw, that'd just be crazy...wouldn't it...

P.S. any typos in this post are a result of the Note 2 not having any form of auto-correct, not because I have giant thumbs and terrible typing skills *coughs*

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Employee Edition for $630 buy-it-now on eBay minus charging pillow
    HTC One (Blue)
    HTC One (Silver)
    HTC Droid DNA Employee Edition 00960
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G