Charging Port Cover Broke Off...YAY!!!!!...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
...I was too big a wimp to take it off myself. Well, the phone seemed to be only too happy to accomodate me and this morning, bye bye. Got in there with a needle nosed pliars and yanked out the remaining plastic. Now I'm free. God, did I hate that damn thing.

To those of you considering getting rid of it....go for it. It's nowhere near as traumatic as you may fear.

Good riddance. :D:):p

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So, tonight I go to bed, my phone is dead and the room is dark. I got to plug it in and struggle to take the battery cover open. I just clipped my nails and figure I'm not able to get my finger underneath it to open when it pops completely off. I'm a little surprised, but figure oh well. I try to plug it in and and doesn't want to go, regardless of plug orientation. Hmm...I reach to the other end to discover that I popped the power button off!

Fortunately it popped back in and all is now good.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So, tonight I go to bed, my phone is dead and the room is dark. I got to plug it in and struggle to take the battery cover open. I just clipped my nails and figure I'm not able to get my finger underneath it to open when it pops completely off. I'm a little surprised, but figure oh well. I try to plug it in and and doesn't want to go, regardless of plug orientation. Hmm...I reach to the other end to discover that I popped the power button off!

Steve

Whoa.. The power button!! Man, you must have really dug in there to get it to pop off. Good save though!! Hope it keeps working. I actually prefer the the cover on, due to the crap that could get in there. When I had the gs3, It seemed to collect lint and stuff, while in the pocket. Having wireless charging certainly plays a huge part in the battery cover not bothering me anymore.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Steve

I almost snorted Coffee through my nose reading this. Glad you were able to get the power button back on!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine actually saved my phone the other day. The phone got put in a glass of water and thanks to my case and that cover nothing shorted or got wet and I was able to dry it off quickly.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the design in theory, but it's just cheaply made. It would have been better if it was made out of rubber or something--I had the same feature on my previous phone and after 2 years of usage it still worked great. Because it's just made of thin metal, mine bent out of shape and can't really offer much water protection. Too chicken to pull it off yet, but I'm sure it'll fall off soon :p

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a problem with it. Works out when you just do wireless charging.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums