SIM Card Suddenly Not Recognized

Hickory Shampoo

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Three or four times now, while fiddling around with my DNA, I get the little SIM card icon in my task bar and a pop-up that says I have no data connectivity. It's spontaneous and doesn't seem to be triggered by any one action.

I've tried flipping it to Airplane Mode and just waiting it out. Neither works. A restart is the only thing that solves the problem.

Also, my phone lives in an Otterbox Defender, so accidentally pushing the card isn't the cause.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else having this issue and/or who has resolved it.

Posted via Tapatalk 2 quite possibly while I'm on the john with my DROID DNA

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem before. I had to call Verizon so they could refresh the network to my SIM. It took about 20 minutes & a hard reset then I was good to go without anymore problems. How long have you had your DNA? My incident occurred when I first got the device because there was a slight kink in the activation process

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well nevermind my post then. You would have come across this issue on day 2 or 3. Best of luck finding a resolution to your issue!!

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife's DNA had a similar issue... About once a day her phone would lose communication with the SIM card, and only a restart would fix it. I took it back to the Verizon store two days ago and had them swap out the card. So far, knock on wood, no further issues.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here happened to me 3 separate times,since i removed and put back the Sim card have not had issues,also my friend had it happen to him.

whitng

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me and the Verizon lady said the sim card was not seated well. She just took it out wiped it off for good measure and put it right back. No problems since.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I had it happen to me twice in one day. Rebooted the phone the first time and popped out the sim the second time. Hasn't done it in a week but if it does I plan on just getting a new sim.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

habu222

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on my phone and my wife's as well. Both new DNA's, both lose the simm.
Reboot usually works, sometimes I need to mpop the card out and reseat it.
I doubt swapping to a new card will do anything since this seems to be a common issue.

ten20life

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've owned my DNA a week now. I had the following issue this morning on the lock screen ... An image of the sim card and message saying - "PUK Locked, contact customer service" After several attempts, they directed me to the nearest Corporate store and had them replace the SIM. It's better for now...

What causes that???

djm65

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd phone and 3rd SIM card still happens. I guess I will have to live with it cause I love the phone otherwise.

bottz77

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both purchased the DNA the day it came out.. between the both of us.. we had issues with 5 different phones.. and 3 different sim cards.
2 Days after getting these phones.. She ran into this problem. Called verizon.. they sent her out a brand new phone ( and brand new sim card) 2 weeks later my phone had the issue.. since I was after the 14 day grace period of getting a new replacement verizon sent me a "like new" phone.. but no sim card.. few days later my newer phone showed the same no signal issue.. called verizon again.. they told me to come in and swap the sim card... Oh and btw.. through the half dozen call / complaints.. they did the debugging where they make you take the sim out.. de-activate then re-activate the phone.. problem still came back..

After getting a new SIM card in my phone the problem seems to be fixed.

Since the wife and I both got new Sim cards.. (on her line when the phone was replaced with a brand new phone / and my line when I went to the verizon store and made them swap the sim) we seem to be error free. If you are persistently seeing the issue.. my suggestion would be to get a new sim card.

We have nothing but trouble since going to the DNA, the stupid mini usb connector cover breaking off.. Slacker / Pandora / Hulu + not working .. Camera sucks.. oh and not sure why but every new day when I take a video the first one always comes out boned ... the accelerometer must think that the phone is upright when its really to the side .. after 2-3 videos it straightens itself out but man what a PITA for spur of the needs..

Going to try to swap this questionable device for the GS3..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers