how to Droid DNA Disk Drive mode??

spartan1500

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey can anybody helpme out ihave been trying to transfer music from my computer to my phone but i havnt been able to. I have called and emailed HTC and got different answers both ways but neither way has seemed to work. I have been told to disable the "USB Debugging" option and restart the phone then plug it in and select disk drive mode. I never got a screen to select the connection type.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Pc or Mac? I try installing the correct drivers. If you have a mac, download aft(android file transfer)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
install the HTC Sync that will show up as a drive on your phone after you plug it in. Don't use Sync, but installing it will install the drivers.

spartan1500

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
"I understand you are wanting the drivers for your HTC Droid DNA. I will be more than happy to further assist you.
Austin, If you are only connecting in disk drive mode to copy pictures we can just toggle an option on your phone so the PC won't ask for a driver. From your home screen navigate to your settings>developer options and ensure usb debugging is unchecked. Then hold down your power button and select restart. When the phone boots back up just plug it into the computer and select disk drive as your connection type. Your images will be in the DCIM>100Media folder on the drive that appears on your computer. If you would like to sync calendar and contacts, among other data, between your phone and PC you can use HTC Sync, which includes the driver, from: ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...F%2Fwww.htc.com%2Fus%2Fhelp%2F&token=XtA4l0kG ). You don?t have to select a phone or region, just scroll down and look to the right for ?HTC Sync Manager? to download the application. If you continue to have trouble, please let me know. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC. I hope you are having a great day! If you ever have any other questions or concerns in the future, always feel free to contact us via e-mail or phone. Our phone support department can be reached at 1-866-449-8358 between the hours of 6 A.M. and 1 A.M. EST, seven days a week. Also your voice is the most important part of HTC."

Email 2

Thanks for your reply!

It absolutely does work the same way. To transfer your music to your DNA, simply plug the device to your computer via the USB cable that came with the device. Once you have done this, select Disk Drive mode. When you have done this, you will be able to access your device as if it were a removable disk drive and you can simply drag-and-drop your media onto your device. When you have finished, unmount your device and open the Music application -- the music you placed on your device should be recognized!"

spartan1500

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
And Email 3

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact HTC Technical Support. I appreciate your interest in connecting your DROID DNA into Disk Drive mode, Austin, and I will gladly provide assistance.

In Sense 4+, used on the DROID DNA, the Connect to PC screen is more intuitive then previous versions. In Sense 4+, the selection UI pop up after connecting to PC is no longer necessary. All features - charging, syncing, disk drive and Smart Network Sharing are already on and running.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey can anybody helpme out ihave been trying to transfer music from my computer to my phone but i havnt been able to. I have called and emailed HTC and got different answers both ways but neither way has seemed to work. I have been told to disable the "USB Debugging" option and restart the phone then plug it in and select disk drive mode. I never got a screen to select the connection type.

If you aren't getting a prompt, check the notifications bar. Also check. To make sure the windows drivers are done loading, you may not see the option until then.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Using Windows 7 or 8, you need only install HTC Sync (get the latest version from HTC Support), Install and reboot your computer, I personally keep USB Debugging turned on, Here you will see that there are 2 mounts when the phone is connected .. Partition I - HTC SYNC MGR and PORTABLE Device showing hte Phone Storage, click in there to navigate to your desired folder.

Attachments

• DiskDrives.jpg
    DiskDrives.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 318

mjchoe

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I use a third party application that needs the Android phone mounted as a removable storage for the sync. I can see that the DNA is accessbile as Portable Devices, but for some reason this is not recognized, which I think it the reason I mentioned above.
Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

eblackwell

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to add that I'm having the same problems. When I connect the Droid DNA, HTC Sense says there's no device detected. I downloaded the latest from the site for my laptop (running Windows 7 Home Premium).

Another problem: I turn off "USB debugging", but it comes on again as soon as the phone is connected; nothing turns this off permanently.

When I do uncheck it and go to select the USB connection mode, I don't get a selection for Disk Drive. I get (under USB: USB network setting):
  • None
  • Smart network sharing
  • Internet Connection Mode
  • Internet pass-through

Also on my phone: HTC Sync is not listed when I go into all Apps, but when I select Manage Apps, it shows two: HTC Mobile Sync and HTC Sync.

Any ideas?

Dorth#AC

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem, I turn off the debugging mode and restart my phone but as soon as I plug it into my computer it turns back on and I can not see it as a external storage drive. What else can I try to fix this problem?

Lamaing

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. In addition I used to be able to just hook up my HTC DNA to my PC via USB and all my files were visible. Now I get a prompt to open the camera HTC6435LVW and in my computer there is an E drive which my computer thinks is a disc drive, and a CDROM F which acts a shortcut for me to download and subscribe to something called backup assistant plus. This is beyond annoying.

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem, I turn off the debugging mode and restart my phone but as soon as I plug it into my computer it turns back on and I can not see it as a external storage drive. What else can I try to fix this problem?

USB debugging needs to be checked

Look in Windoze Explorer, My device shows up as : HTC6435LVW. Right click and select expand. You should see your SD card files.

Alex Vallejo

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
i expand and i can access internal storage but i can't transfer/copy files to the HTC DNA, a screen pops up that says the device has stopped responding or has been disconnected.

Alex Vallejo

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
i found a simple solution that worked for me. apparently my usb ports in front of my pc aren't as fast? or up to date as the ports in the back. Once I plugged in the usb chord into the ports in the back of my pc I was able to copy and paste files onto my DNA without any issues. Hope this helps.