Slacker/Pandora 20 sec Mark Pause/Skip issue, (this is not the wifi issue)

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok my friend at work (who I convinced to buy the DNA) has noticed when running slacker / pandora at the 20 sec point of every song there is a brief pause. I've tried it on my phone and see it as well, very odd, We've tried disable pre fetching and most other settings within slacker, we see this on wifi and 4g/
He's going to send a user report to slacker, we're just curious on how many other may see this very brief 'skip/pause' at the 20 sec mark.

This is not the somewhat known wifi profile issue, we've previously deleted profiles and have no streaming issues either via my home media server or Google Music.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the issue intermittently. I had Slacker on for a total of 9 hours the last two days with no problems. It was pretty bad over the holidays.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I was having an issue where Pandora wouldn't go to the next song if the screen was off. I would heave to wake up the phone and then open Pandora for it to go to the next song. I went ahead and started using iheart radio app and its been fine. Seems to be fewer commercials than with Pandora.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
We did some tests today and it seemed 4g did not have this issue,or as bad, we also found the skip to be anywhere within a min. The pause is brief but distinct,

jm using tapatalk2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue all the time; I'm using Last.fm, and just had a hiccup a couple seconds ago (~15 seconds into the song). Happens irregardless of the radio I use--Pandora or Last.fm :(. I also experience streaming hiccups on Netflix. I suppose I should do an internet speed test, but I can stream beautifully on every other device in the house.

edit://yup, it happens consistently at around the ~15-20 second mark for me. Just curious, does streaming get pretty bad when you have Beats audio on? I had to disable it, because every time I stream something it hiccups like every 30 seconds. It also seems to happen more frequently when I multitask (e.g. web browsing and streaming music). I hate weird little quirks like these, because it's not enough to really complain about or demand repairs/do a factory reset.

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems streaming from Pandora, and Google Music, or pocket Casts. For those having problems with Pandora, do you have a Pandora One account? I do, Nd want to count that out as a potential reason why I don't have the problem.

I also noticed that there was a Slacker update tonight. Might that have addressed the problem?

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

bottz77

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see I am not the only one having this issue.
After working with a Verizon tech for about an hour yesterday we were both left stumped... We tried to clear the cache and all data.. removed the app..powered down .. took out sim card.. then they did some work from their end.. re-activated my line.. re-installed the app and sim card. Same issues continue to be persistent.. however now my pause is after the 1minute mark.. somewhere between 60sec -90 secs into each and every song. Google music works flawlessly btw.. it only seems to be Slacker and Pandora giving me issues.. I do not use spotify or last.fm so I can not comment on these programs. I have an open ticket to the slacker team, as well as an open ticket to the Verizon team and am awaiting their feedback. Looks like there was an update to slacker today but problem still there post update. I miss my Thunderbolt more and more with each passing day.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've updated to slacker 3.2.2101 this morning, Still have the issue, Yes I have a paid slacker account so it's not a ad pop type thing. As Bottz77 said it comes at anytime usually within the first min. I just don't know enough about the difference in streaming protocols of slacker vs google music. I'll be writing a issue to slacker though I suspect they will need to work with htc to find what's conflicting. Kinda odd it's on every song and usually only once..
BTW I don't use pandora, and my friend doesn't have a account but uses it. I kinda have to laugh since Slacker was part of vZ bloatware, though I've had a account for years.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the issue too. Disappointing as this app comes preloaded on the DNA (Slacker). It worked flawlessly on my sgs2 and sgs3.

Sent from my DROID DNA using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just don't know enough about the difference in streaming protocols of slacker vs google music. I'll be writing a issue to slacker though I suspect they will need to work with htc to find what's conflicting. Kinda odd it's on every song and usually only once..

It happens with every radio I use--haven't used Slacker, but it's a consistent problem when I use Pandora or Last.fm. Can't say anything about Play, since all my songs are stored directly on the device. Have you had hiccups when using Netflix? On wifi at least, the resolution routinely gets terrible and I have to let it load/rewind back. I don't have this issue on my Nexus 7, my sister doesn't have this issue on her iphone 4s.

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I've had this problem on my DNA too, a slight pause on Slacker shortly after the song starts. Funny thing is that it happens to my girlfriend's iPhone4 too. Weird

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Must be something wonky with our phone though. Doesn't happen to any other smartphone in the family, and I get this issue whether I'm on wifi or 4G. Maybe it's a general HTC issue?

Been working with Slacker support.. They are saying all signs point to Verizon being the culprit on this issue.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I too have Slacker investigating though I doubt they are the issue. Certainly something happened on this phone since my tbold/computer/tablets work fine. I'm hoping Slacker will put some pressure on htc/vz as being a customer I have little impact on them fixing addressing this. I friend who bought 2 dnas for himself and wife just moved to a S3 because of this issue (as well as some camera issues). Since whatever problem is most likely software Im hoping there can be enough data collected for htc/vz/slacker to make this work.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
We've continued to work this problem, and today made a bit of headway with debug and a circumvention of sorts.
For those who use Slacker (prem or free) and have seen this issue please try the following, we've confirmed this on 3 phones.
Turn off WiFi, set your Mobil network to LTE/CDMA this has worked for us and I'll be updating the problem report to Slacker/HTC
For those that Use Slacker and haven't seen this issue please check your wireless and mobile settings and post them here.

This certainly is a 'Networking Issue' and most likely a HTC problem handling certain streaming protocols.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
After a trip this weekend for super bowl I was ready to throw the phone out the window. Many things could not work opn a phone and I'd be ok with 'working around' them but issues with the network stack and streaming isn't one of them.

I spoke with vZ support today intending to ask for another device (since some see this issues others don't) and the support tech discussed vZ was notified by HTC on Jan 17
that they are working on a software fix for wifi issues. When that is released is ??? since it will need to go through vZ verification as well so I'd suspect at least another month.
So until then I'll hang onto my orig DNA but once the update drops if not resolved I'll swap it out..
IF IT FIXES it, I'll be very happy with this phone... otherwise I have a upgrade 4/15 and we'll see what's out then.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I see this issue on iheartradio, slacker, and sometimes on Pandora. I can sit there and watch the Wi-Fi loose connection constantly....drives me fricken insane. I have turned off beats audio and seems to have improved streaming..but Wi-Fi on this phone sucks.

My settings are always on lte/cdma only.

Sent from my DNA

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So far I have good luck with spotify. No skips when streaming. I also have the premium subscription so I can download playlists.

As far as WiFi losing connection, that happens all the time on my nexus 7, so it may be a jellybean issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't seem to have this exact issue. My Pandora never skips on WiFi, however on data the song will skip a few times and then my phone will randomly place out a call to my husband while listening to pandora. Only on Pandora, and ONLY to my husband. It rings once and then hangs up on its own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01