Help With Contacts?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So it seems that when some people send me a message their name will not show up only their number as if it didn't exist in my phone book yet when I select it the name will show up and it'll say it is in my contacts. Also when people call only their number shows up not their name, their seems to be no rhyme or reason for it but it is very annoying as I do not always know who is calling or texting me. Anyone have a fix for this?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone has mentioned that issue before. I'm not experiencing it...

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
When I go into messages the numbers appear and the names are sometimes slow to populate, but not more than a few seconds. Slower than on either of my previous HTC phones.

Not the same issue, but kinda similar.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar thing on a prior phone and what it was is that I did not have my contact's phone numbers listed with the area code. When calls or texts came in, the numbers displayed were the 10 digit numbers and therefore did not match the 7 digit numbers that were in my contacts list. When I added area codes to all numbers, the names started to appear. That was years ago, but could that be it? I have not had such an issue with my DNA beyond what SphincterBoy mentioned.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar thing on a prior phone and what it was is that I did not have my contact's phone numbers listed with the area code. When calls or texts came in, the numbers displayed were the 10 digit numbers and therefore did not match the 7 digit numbers that were in my contacts list. When I added area codes to all numbers, the names started to appear. That was years ago, but could that be it? I have not had such an issue with my DNA beyond what SphincterBoy mentioned.

Yep that did it. Weird that it needs that in order to display properly probably something HTC needs to fix in sense

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49