Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Should I get DNA now or wait?

    I am deciding whether to upgrade my phone now (leaning on DNA...) or wait for 1st quart/2nd quarter phones to come out.. I am curious if anyone can give me an idea how elite DNA will be or it might be better to wait a quarter or so? I understand there will always be the "next best thing" but if something good/better is coming out for Verizon maybe better to wait?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    I am deciding whether to upgrade my phone now (leaning on DNA...) or wait for 1st quart/2nd quarter phones to come out.. I am curious if anyone can give me an idea how elite DNA will be or it might be better to wait a quarter or so? I understand there will always be the "next best thing" but if something good/better is coming out for Verizon maybe better to wait?
    This question is not easily answered because if you own a device for 3 months or longer it becomes 'sort of' outdated because manufacturers push out devices like nobody's business. The DNA is a great solid device. It's not full of gimmicks in the software like Samsung, it's just a solid phone that gives u more bang for your buck than any device out right now. If u can wait then wait. I'm pretty sure every company will drop something amazing soon 1 after the other.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    This question is not easily answered because if you own a device for 3 months or longer it becomes 'sort of' outdated because manufacturers push out devices like nobody's business. The DNA is a great solid device. It's not full of gimmicks in the software like Samsung, it's just a solid phone that gives u more bang for your buck than any device out right now. If u can wait then wait. I'm pretty sure every company will drop something amazing soon 1 after the other.
    what do you think about maxx hd? it has more battery power but inferior specs, do you think it will "outlast" dna in terms of usefulness for 1-2 years?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    To be honest the MAXX HD is a great phone but compared to the DNA it's just okay because it only has the battery as an advantage. I personally would not buy a Motorola device until they learn to keep their word on device software upgrades. On several phones they promised ICS upgrades that never came, not even leaks. Another positive for the MAXX HD is how close it is to stock Android. BUTTTTTT Sense is lighter than ever, lag-free as ever & with the DNA hardware... I think u know the rest lol Just think of what u are getting with the DNA for only 199. It's going to compete with upcoming devices much longer IMO
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    To be honest the MAXX HD is a great phone but compared to the DNA it's just okay because it only has the battery as an advantage. I personally would not buy a Motorola device until they learn to keep their word on device software upgrades. On several phones they promised ICS upgrades that never came, not even leaks. Another positive for the MAXX HD is how close it is to stock Android. BUTTTTTT Sense is lighter than ever, lag-free as ever & with the DNA hardware... I think u know the rest lol Just think of what u are getting with the DNA for only 199. It's going to compete with upcoming devices much longer IMO
    a side question.. it is true DNA is better in almost every spec. but do you know (or maybe answer is "depends") why maxx hd is more than dna in retail price and how come a new phone like dna dropped to "older phone 199$" so soon?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    a side question.. it is true DNA is better in almost every spec. but do you know (or maybe answer is "depends") why maxx hd is more than dna in retail price and how come a new phone like dna dropped to "older phone 199$" so soon?
    Now that my friend is a good question. I could speculate on that all day but that is a question I ask myself
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    ... I personally would not buy a Motorola device until they learn to keep their word on device software upgrades. ...
    Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt that STILL doesn't have ICS, I have no trust in HTC/Verizon's interest in pushing out upgrades. However, in spite of this loathsome breach of faith with its Thunderbolt customers, I decided that the DNA was a fabulous phone & decided that if HTC/Verizon does not support the DNA with appropriate upgrades, then I will finally ROOT.
    I love the phone so far.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by cegabq View Post
    Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt that STILL doesn't have ICS, I have no trust in HTC/Verizon's interest in pushing out upgrades. However, in spite of this loathsome breach of faith with its Thunderbolt customers, I decided that the DNA was a fabulous phone & decided that if HTC/Verizon does not support the DNA with appropriate upgrades, then I will finally ROOT.
    I love the phone so far.
    That is very true but at least the Thunderbolt did get an ICS leak to provide the community with some excitement. I'm not sure if BAMF was able to get it stable before I moved on to the Rezound. Verizon period should get things together with software upgrades. & I agree, I love my DNA!! At this point in time I have no interest in rooting until CM10 becomes available & stable
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    The DNA provides features that other manufacturers will be catching up to this coming year. 1080 screen, 2gigs of ram, latest quad core processor and one of the most recent android operating systems. I recommend this phone to everyone. HOWEVER, I do not think that YOU should get this phone. Based off your self proclaimed usage patterns in the other thread you started this phones battery will not hold up for your "needs". I can already foresee you being unhappy with the phone, which could lead to you buying it and then trashing it when a few have warned you against it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    The DNA provides features that other manufacturers will be catching up to this coming year. 1080 screen, 2gigs of ram, latest quad core processor and one of the most recent android operating systems. I recommend this phone to everyone. HOWEVER, I do not think that YOU should get this phone. Based off your self proclaimed usage patterns in the other thread you started this phones battery will not hold up for your "needs". I can already foresee you being unhappy with the phone, which could lead to you buying it and then trashing it when a few have warned you against it.
    I think over all i would be more satisfied at the DNA than Maxx HD for everyday use since I will be near wifi spots. Weekend might be different but from the numerous reviews I have read it might not be as horrible as Droid Charge. Right now i have the option of opting for Maxx HD for 100 from best buy or pay 200 (maybe best buy price match amazon for 150?) for the DNA. I know the deal i have for maxx hd disappears once i pick DNA but i really want it to work because of the specs.... although loyal maxx hd owners do say that the specs for maxx hd is good enough...
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    I think over all i would be more satisfied at the DNA than Maxx HD for everyday use since I will be near wifi spots. Weekend might be different but from the numerous reviews I have read it might not be as horrible as Droid Charge. Right now i have the option of opting for Maxx HD for 100 from best buy or pay 200 (maybe best buy price match amazon for 150?) for the DNA. I know the deal i have for maxx hd disappears once i pick DNA but i really want it to work because of the specs.... although loyal maxx hd owners do say that the specs for maxx hd is good enough...
    If price is a concern, please consider this site with the coupon code TALKLOGIC in your shopping cart:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    If price is a concern, please consider this site with the coupon code TALKLOGIC in your shopping cart:
    price is not a huge concern... i think the DRASTIC drop in price of the DNA is however.... it might mean the sales are low to have a 700$ phone go below galaxy s3 (maxx still 2-300)... although if I love the device I love it regardless the price but it makes me wonder why this is so...
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    I think over all i would be more satisfied at the DNA than Maxx HD for everyday use since I will be near wifi spots. Weekend might be different but from the numerous reviews I have read it might not be as horrible as Droid Charge. Right now i have the option of opting for Maxx HD for 100 from best buy or pay 200 (maybe best buy price match amazon for 150?) for the DNA. I know the deal i have for maxx hd disappears once i pick DNA but i really want it to work because of the specs.... although loyal maxx hd owners do say that the specs for maxx hd is good enough...
    If you really want the DNA caliber specs, I'd suggest waiting until ces to make your decision. Then you'll see if there is anything with DNA specs but a bigger battery
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    If you really want the DNA caliber specs, I'd suggest waiting until ces to make your decision. Then you'll see if there is anything with DNA specs but a bigger battery
    I agree with this. However, I will say that both the good and the bad of the DNA's is the fact that it's on Verizon. Just because LG, Sony, or even HTC announce new phones, most of them will never make it to Verizon. I would guess the Samsung GS4 will be the next major release that might trump the DNA - at least on Verizon. That said, it sold my iPhone 5 for this and would never go back. This is easily the best phone I've ever owned.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by chickweedblur View Post
    I agree with this. However, I will say that both the good and the bad of the DNA's is the fact that it's on Verizon. Just because LG, Sony, or even HTC announce new phones, most of them will never make it to Verizon. I would guess the Samsung GS4 will be the next major release that might trump the DNA - at least on Verizon. That said, it sold my iPhone 5 for this and would never go back. This is easily the best phone I've ever owned.
    This is true. We pay a **** load for the best service we should also be treated to the best phones
  16. #16  
    Rizz1-2's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    a side question.. it is true DNA is better in almost every spec. but do you know (or maybe answer is "depends") why maxx hd is more than dna in retail price and how come a new phone like dna dropped to "older phone 199$" so soon?
    Didn't the DNA release at 199? I don't think it ever dropped. I got mine shortly after it came out for 199, at verizon.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Wait for the M7
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    Wait for the M7
    The M7 looks compelling as do the early rumors on the Galaxy S4.

    Here's what we know: The DNA is the first phone with a stunning 1080 screen, but it won't be the last (or, more appropriately, only). Having said that though, the DNA is excellent and its hand-feel is terrific and that's something that you can't necessarily count on with future phones: build & feel I mean.

    Regardless, the first two quarters of this year look to be very exciting for cell phones so, as someone above said: If you can wait then you should wait.
  19. #19  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    642 Posts
    Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

    Default Re: Should I get DNA now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Didn't the DNA release at 199? I don't think it ever dropped. I got mine shortly after it came out for 199, at verizon.
    Yes, the DNA launched at $199. I believe part of the reason why is the lack of removable battery and micro SD Card. Not that their absence kept the cost down, but the perceived value loss.

    I also think it was a marketing tool by HTC to compete with Samsung.

    Steve

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Should I get a Vivid or wait?
    By jimmiekain in forum HTC Vivid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
  2. Should I get the TB right now or wait?
    By AirSupply in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 12:12 AM
  3. Should I get the Incredible or wait?
    By skuni in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
  4. Should I get an X now or wait for this TBolt?
    By juck in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 09:58 AM
  5. Get a 4G now, or wait for better results later?
    By Coffeeman27 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

B