Gmail notifications

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had this issue with my last two phones from HTC. It seems if I want notifications for Gmail it has to come with sound, it can't simply be the visual icon in the status bar. Am I wrong? I'd like a visual notification without an accompanying sound.

jaswolf

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
In settings -> account name -> sound&vibrate, change the sound to "silent" and you should get what you want I think.

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Under Sound & Vibrate there is a selection for sound, which defaults to Verizon Droid. Clicking on sound presents the choices of Common Resource and Media Storage. Neither of those drill down to anything, just the choice to use either of them once or always. I'd like to understand how each of those is used, but more than anything I just want it silenced.

reed930

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I changed this setting to "Common Resource," and now I do not receive any notifications of incoming email and no sound. Any idea how to clear the setting. Before this change, I was annoyed that I couldn't change the volume of the email alert, but that was better than nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish