Front Camera Issue

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
On NYE I was taking a picture with the front camera, and having had a drink or two I was unable to hold onto the phone and it fell from about 6 feet. The phone seems to be ok except it now freezes when I try to switch to the FFC and then won't allow me to open the camera at all until I restart. I did a factory reset and it didn't help.

Any ideas? I got it from bestbuy.com with an order date of 11/22/12. I don't have insurance and I've never returned a phone for any reason (even my release date Thunderbolt) so I'm not sure what what my options are (DIY fix, take it to BB, etc.). Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

NRC

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If there's no apparent physical damage to the phone, you could try going to a Verizon shop and tell them it's acting up. It's been ages since I had a phone replaced under warranty, but last time I did it went fine (granted, that was 4 years ago). Don't know if their policy has changed since, but they usually honor the manufacturers warranty.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the reset with no luck.

For the warranty replacement, would I go to VZW or Best Buy since I bought it through them? Would I get a refurb or new unit?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
For the warranty replacement, would I go to VZW or Best Buy since I bought it through them? Would I get a refurb or new unit?

You'd probably have to go through Best Buy since that's where you bought it.

Just whatever you do, do NOT tell the truth. Say that all of a sudden it started doing this one day and you tried a factory reset. You don't owe them an explanation so long as there's no obvious physical damage.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
You'd probably have to go through Best Buy since that's where you bought it.

Just whatever you do, do NOT tell the truth. Say that all of a sudden it. started doing this one day and you tried a factory reset. You don't owe them an explanation so long as there's no obvious physical damage.

Ok I'm gonna head to BB tomorrow and see what they say. There's no damage at all since I have a case on the phone and it landed face up on the tile. Fingers crossed.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm gonna head to BB tomorrow and see what they say. There's no damage at all since I have a case on the phone and it landed face up on the tile. Fingers crossed.

Good luck! Best Buy really should have an issue, after all it's under HTC's warranty anyway.