Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Front Camera Issue

    On NYE I was taking a picture with the front camera, and having had a drink or two I was unable to hold onto the phone and it fell from about 6 feet. The phone seems to be ok except it now freezes when I try to switch to the FFC and then won't allow me to open the camera at all until I restart. I did a factory reset and it didn't help.

    Any ideas? I got it from bestbuy.com with an order date of 11/22/12. I don't have insurance and I've never returned a phone for any reason (even my release date Thunderbolt) so I'm not sure what what my options are (DIY fix, take it to BB, etc.). Any and all suggestions welcome.

    Thanks in advance.

    NRC
  2. #2  
    a62335's Avatar

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

    Default Re: Front Camera Issue

    If there is no physical damage call VZW and ask for a warranty replacement.

    Sent from my red DNA
    HTC One (Blue)
    HTC One (Silver)
    HTC Droid DNA Employee Edition 00960
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Front Camera Issue

    If there's no apparent physical damage to the phone, you could try going to a Verizon shop and tell them it's acting up. It's been ages since I had a phone replaced under warranty, but last time I did it went fine (granted, that was 4 years ago). Don't know if their policy has changed since, but they usually honor the manufacturers warranty.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Front Camera Issue

    Try a factory reset

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Front Camera Issue

    I tried the reset with no luck.

    For the warranty replacement, would I go to VZW or Best Buy since I bought it through them? Would I get a refurb or new unit?
  6. #6  
    mtmjr90's Avatar

    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

    Default Re: Front Camera Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ncapp11 View Post
    For the warranty replacement, would I go to VZW or Best Buy since I bought it through them? Would I get a refurb or new unit?
    You'd probably have to go through Best Buy since that's where you bought it.

    Just whatever you do, do NOT tell the truth. Say that all of a sudden it started doing this one day and you tried a factory reset. You don't owe them an explanation so long as there's no obvious physical damage.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    You'd probably have to go through Best Buy since that's where you bought it.

    Just whatever you do, do NOT tell the truth. Say that all of a sudden it. started doing this one day and you tried a factory reset. You don't owe them an explanation so long as there's no obvious physical damage.
    Ok I'm gonna head to BB tomorrow and see what they say. There's no damage at all since I have a case on the phone and it landed face up on the tile. Fingers crossed.
  8. #8  
    mtmjr90's Avatar

    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

    Default Re: Front Camera Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ncapp11 View Post
    Ok I'm gonna head to BB tomorrow and see what they say. There's no damage at all since I have a case on the phone and it landed face up on the tile. Fingers crossed.
    Good luck! Best Buy really should have an issue, after all it's under HTC's warranty anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Epic 4g front facing camera issue.
    By seoantae in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
  2. Front Facing Camera Issues
    By blind dollars in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 10:20 AM
  3. Skype Front Facing Camera Issue
    By Bassman125 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
  4. front camera issue
    By medic673 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
  5. Front camera issue
    By rsk2mc in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions