1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default So I'm at a bar.....

Watching a football game. I'm with 3 other people. All have iPhones. I'm tring to check Facebook and my fantasy stats. Nothing. 4G is lit with one bar. Meanwhile the people with the iPhones are having no trouble. Being the only one on 4G how can I go to 3G like they were. Or it that the iPhones might have better radios?

Default Re: So I'm at a bar.....

Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    Watching a football game. I'm with 3 other people. All have iPhones. I'm tring to check Facebook and my fantasy stats. Nothing. 4G is lit with one bar. Meanwhile the people with the iPhones are having no trouble. Being the only one on 4G how can I go to 3G like they were. Or it that the iPhones might have better radios?
    I've compared our reception side-by-side with several iphone users and in every instance our reception was as good and usually better. The radio (not 'radios' -- as 3 and 4G is now on one chip)in this phone is simply superb and infinitely better than the radio in the Gnex.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default So I'm at a bar.....

So what do you chalk this experience up to? Should I get a 4G/3G toggle?

The only way I've found to force 3g is to download an app calle Phone Info which accesses the service programming menu of the phone in the lets you to switch from CDMA /lte to CDMA only

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    jreed2560 nailed it -- Phone Info I used to live in the worst 4G connected area -- just barely enough to trick the phone into turning it on but then it crapped out when I moved the phone - total battery killer. Phone info lets you set your phone to 3G only, 4G only, or both... very, very handy app imo.