Vz Billing (Ahem) "Irregularities"...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So my wife was coming from a flip phone and we got her the Note 2. This was on 12-24. When I called about something unrelated on my bill I was shocked to find that they charged her the $30/month for her new 2 Gig plan from the beginning of our billing cycle and not 12-24 as they should have. After I carefully explained this to the representative he agreed to refund/deduct the prorated amount from 12-9 through 12-24.

Just thought others should be aware of these kind of "mistakes" as they can add up over time.

And given the complexity of charges, taxes, useage fees, etc, it's very easy to overlook stuff like this.

Notice the mistakes are invariably in Vz' favor -- never in the customer's? ;)

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Good catch. These companies make enough Money off of us already. No point in giving them any more and especially for nothing

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
When I added a line they doubled charged the second line for December and said it was "prorated" even though I changed my plan at the beginning of a new billing cycle. How the hell can you prorate the current month? Makes no sense

EdJG

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
So my wife was coming from a flip phone and we got her the Note 2. This was on 12-24. When I called about something unrelated on my bill I was shocked to find that they charged her the $30/month for her new 2 Gig plan from the beginning of our billing cycle and not 12-24 as they should have. After I carefully explained this to the representative he agreed to refund/deduct the prorated amount from 12-9 through 12-24.

Just thought others should be aware of these kind of "mistakes" as they can add up over time.

And given the complexity of charges, taxes, useage fees, etc, it's very easy to overlook stuff like this.

Notice the mistakes are invariably in Vz' favor -- never in the customer's? ;)

Did anyone else get blindsided by the $30 charge to upgrade your phone? It was hidden in the terms sheet you agreed to!

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They've been charging it for over 6 months. They should have told you, but you should also read what you sign and do your research

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, also had to call in to get it prorated. Had to call them like 10 times about various issues related to my phone (not the phone itself, just all stuff on their part). I'm still waiting for them to reset an upgrade, and it's been over a week since CS promised it would happen "tomorrow".

Did anyone else get blindsided by the $30 charge to upgrade your phone? It was hidden in the terms sheet you agreed to!

Funny--when I asked in the Verizon forums, everyone said it's suuuuuuuuper easy to waive, that it was one of the easiest fees to waive, etc. Called CS like 3 times and they were all very adamant about the charge. Pulled the whole "I've been a Verizon customer for over 10 years" stunt, nada lol. annoying. and if you live in CA like I do, you pay $60 tax because the list price is $700.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I went through the same thing with the data not being pro-rated. Tried to say I used data that I would of been charged an overage fee before the billing reset. The overage fee for the new line would of of been $10 for 1GB, but I only used around 5MB. $29.99 for 2GB.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't VZW charge $30 for activation of phones now?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Funny--when I asked in the Verizon forums, everyone said it's suuuuuuuuper easy to waive, that it was one of the easiest fees to waive, etc. Called CS like 3 times and they were all very adamant about the charge. Pulled the whole "I've been a Verizon customer for over 10 years" stunt, nada lol. annoying. and if you live in CA like I do, you pay $60 tax because the list price is $700.

My wife works at a Verizon call center and that's actually the exact opposite of the truth. They are told that unless its a business account that automatically gets these fees waived that they are, under no circumstace, ever to waive that fee. There is always exceptions depending on who you talk to. But just because the refuse to waive it, doesn't mean they are being @$$ holes, they are just doing what they are told.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife works at a Verizon call center and that's actually the exact opposite of the truth. They are told that unless its a business account that automatically gets these fees waived that they are, under no circumstace, ever to waive that fee. There is always exceptions depending on who you talk to. But just because the refuse to waive it, doesn't mean they are being @$$ holes, they are just doing what they are told.

Agreed. Absent a miracle, there is really no way to get that $30 "activation fee" waived. And I agree that the Vz phone reps are light years better and more helpful than their in-store staff. With enough patience you can almost always get issues resolved by calling the Vz Wireless 800 number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs