We're probably done talking about battery life, but...

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I too switched from the Thunderbolt to the DNA. However, I have kept my Thunderbolt and still use it as a "mini tablet" and music player. I have to admit I still use the Thunderbolt far more than the DNA. I keep them both with me at all times when at home, and almost always reach instead for the Thunderbolt for internet access and app use. In my cars, it is always the Thunderbolt that I play music through my stereo from...as well as when outdoors connected to my Jawbone Big Jambox.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So since this is a battery thread, I want to get some feedback... the battery life on my DNA so far has been exceptional except over this last week. I was getting over a day with moderate usage (heavier during the work day as I filter my corporate emails with it). However, this week I've struggled to make it to 8PM (off charger at 7 AM). I noticed in my GSam app that Kernel (Android OS) has been between 55 to 75% for the last 5 days. Before it was 15 to 25%. Any thoughts on why it might be more active over the last week? Any suggestions on how to get it back in check short of doing a factory reset or rooting?

Spider210

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So since this is a battery thread, I want to get some feedback... the battery life on my DNA so far has been exceptional except over this last week. I was getting over a day with moderate usage (heavier during the work day as I filter my corporate emails with it). However, this week I've struggled to make it to 8PM (off charger at 7 AM). I noticed in my GSam app that Kernel (Android OS) has been between 55 to 75% for the last 5 days. Before it was 15 to 25%. Any thoughts on why it might be more active over the last week? Any suggestions on how to get it back in check short of doing a factory reset or rooting?

I noticed the same thing a few days ago I'm sitting at 90% and only off the charger for 32 min and I freshly rebooted.
I do use the nokia fatboy charger every night since I got the phone never used a real charger could that be an issue?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sherri5762

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, guys, you have to help me then. I also came to the DNA from a TBolt and the battery life was way better in the TBolt. What settings do I need to check to improve my batter on the DNA? I'm obviously doing something wrong! Help!

Sherri

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have an app that maybe causing your battery issues go into settings then battery and then usage and see what app's are using the battery. By chance did you install a task killer?

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
When I went to sleep last night, my phone was at 100%. When I woke up 7 hours later it was still at 100%. Not complaining, I am very happy with this phone. With my previous Thunderbolt, if I left the phone uncharged over night it would die. 18 hours on a battery charge and I am at 54%. I am not a real power user: light texting and emailing an occasional call or 3.

Just thought this was worth mentioning.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Was having an issue with google maps constantly running. Think it was due to the "widgetoids" app i had. Removed it so i'll see if it stops. It was draining my battery stupid fast.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358458530351.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358458530351.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463