Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: No Voicemail Notification

same problem never got notifications for voicemails i was recieving.. after reading numerous post about this and trying different things nothing worked... so after searching further online i found an app to install on phone and it works great ..heres a link to the app..
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/638qtqdock...ail-Notifi.apk
    Thanked by:

I tried this app and it works great, I have a Sprint phone I flashed to cricket and nothing else worked for voicemail notifications until I downloaded this app. Thanks for sharing great info!!

Are we talking about the counter on the shortcut or the notification in the status bar?

I want to get the counter on the shortcut on my homescreen. You use to be able to add a voicemail widget rather than just the app which shows the counter but I no longer have that option

Just switched from Blackberry to Samsung. Missed an important business call. Thought it was strange, then went into voice mail and found 3 vm's over 3 day's old. I've been so displeased with my switch BB to Android. BB is so much better for a work tool. Everything on the android is just fun and games. It's like a cool toy that I need to leave at home when I go to work. Irritated rant....

Have had this issue several times. Seems like it will eventually happen if I leave the phone on indefinitely and just keep recharging. If I briefly turn if off and on again voicemail notification works normally. This issue has caused me some problems so now I just reflexively dial up my voicemail every so often to make sure.

Voice Mail notifications missing! There is an application called 'Visual Voicemail'. It seemed to worm its way onto my phone, where I was asked if I wanted to try it. From the time I said OK, my voicemail notifications stopped. The only way I knew that I'd received a Vmail, was to dial in anyway, where I would find that I have saved Vmail, even though I had not listened to them.

After I'd found that this app added no value to my experience, I didn't continue with it, but the notifications didn't return. The solution I have found was to find the app and its settings. From there it was easy to see; turn it off! I tested voice mail and my notifications returned immediately. I went the extra step and held down my finger on the app, until the trashcan appeared at the top of my screen.......gone!

Voice Mail notifications missing! There is an application called 'Visual Voicemail'. It seemed to worm its way onto my phone, where I was asked if I wanted to try it. From the time I said OK, my voicemail notifications stopped. The only way I knew that I'd received a Vmail, was to dial in anyway, where I would find that I have saved Vmail, even though I had not listened to them.

After I'd found that this app added no value to my experience, I didn't continue with it, but the notifications didn't return. The solution I have found was to find the app and its settings. From there it was easy to see; turn it off! I tested voice mail and my notifications returned immediately. I went the extra step and held down my finger on the app, until the trashcan appeared at the top of my screen.......gone!

Found out today that I wasn't getting voicemail notifications after a relative chastised me for not returning his vm. I pressed the vm icon and found SIX voicemails from the course of the week that I didn't know about.
    Luckily I found this thread and one of the members suggested this: go to settings-application manager-voicemail app-check box to show notification.
    This totally worked!

This solution still works in 2014. Worked today. THANK YOU

Well folks. I hope this helps. I have a droid mini. The suggestions to call voicemail and press 4 then 1 do not work. The many other suggestions also did not work. I simply selected the voice mail app included with the phone and set up the app following the prompts. Access the apps by depressing the circle with six dots located in the center bottom of the main screen, then slide the screens left until you see the red icon named voice mail. There was an option to upgrade that appears to add costs to your bill. I declined that. Once the set up was complete, a red voicemail icon appeared on the phone that showed the quantity of unheard voicemails. One would think that this would be standard setup on any phone. I am not certain why tis is excluded. I wold think that missed calls, text messages, voice mails, then emails if applicable would be automatically set up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12