Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By osubeavs728
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Returning to wait for a CES phone???

Since we all have until January 15th to return our phones, did anyone see anything come out of CES this week that would be worth returning the DNA to get? It seemed like every "hands-on" review I read compared phones to the DNA and NOTHING exceeded it.

Default Re: Returning to wait for a CES phone???

Quote Originally Posted by italiiano View Post
    Since we all have until January 15th to return our phones, did anyone see anything come out of CES this week that would be worth returning the DNA to get? It seemed like every "hands-on" review I read compared phones to the DNA and NOTHING exceeded it.
    The launch of these phones are still a ways off.....probably months down the road.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    The launch of these phones are still a ways off.....probably months down the road.
    Some of them are due out in Q1. I'd consider going back to my GNex for a couple months if there was something considerably better coming... i.e. bigger battery and expanded storage.

P.s. Nice pic... WE ARE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by italiiano View Post
    Some of them are due out in Q1. I'd consider going back to my GNex for a couple months if there was something considerably better coming... i.e. bigger battery and expanded storage.

P.s. Nice pic... WE ARE!!!
    The Sony Experia Z and ZL were the show stoppers to me at CES...I d consider waiting a few months for those two. Guess we'll see...

P.s. Yeah man....Go Lions!

I saw at the Qualcomm booth that they the Snapdragon 800 coming out (8 core processor) in the second half of the year, but I had already waited a loooooong time for a quad core that was LTE compatible. I really don't want to wait another 6 months + to get the latest phone with the latest cpu. I really didn't see any phones that I thought I should've have purchased instead of the DNA.

Just for clarification, Qualcomm stated that the chips would be released 2nd half of the year. I don't think they will be in phones that early. I saw that these chips are capable of rendering 4k video, so I imagine they will be in a lot of tv's and other home video electronics.
    Last edited by AaronSimmons; 01-14-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: additional info

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

Keep the DNA. Phones that are unveiled at CES are always months away. Plus it seems all the devices shown were Chinese manufacturers who never release phones in the US.

A lot of those 8 core phones make me want to buy them simply because they have 8 cores. However, there's no practical use for that ish yet. We barely have correctly functioning 4 core phones being released now. Not to mention that the software in the phones is not at a point to utilize that much power.
    lou61166 and Irvgotti like this.

I'm confused... How do we have until 1/15 to return the phone? I thought vzw only allowed a 14 day window to return?

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

During the holiday shopping season Verizon extends the return date to January 15th.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Distel View Post
    I'm confused... How do we have until 1/15 to return the phone? I thought vzw only allowed a 14 day window to return?
    It's because during the holiday season they extend the return window
    I'm a superuser

You should just wait and see what MWC brings in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Guo View Post
    You should just wait and see what MWC brings in the next few weeks.
    If you're on Verizon it won't be much. MWC is GSM, and usually non-US, centric.

ROM
    Stock

Did you guys see the Huawei mate? Muahahahaha.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2