Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bespinct
  • 1 Post By Haunted_Toaster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid DNA or Razr Maxx?

My phone contract ends in two weeks, so I am planning on getting a Droid. I am torn between the DNA and the Razr Maxx...I love the layout and screen resolution of the DNA, and how easy it is to navigate. The only thing that would make me want the Razr Maxx is the cheaper price (on Amazon Wireless its 50 dollars), the longer battery life, and more storage (internal and external). I want a phone with a decent battery (with moderate use to last me the day...12-15 hours), great camera, great resolution, and enough storage for about 10-20 apps and maybe, maybe music (around 250-300 songs). Which one should I get?
    I also want a durable phone..I am always dropping my phone and I don't want the screen to scratch or shatter.

Default Re: Droid DNA or Razr Maxx?

There are multiple threads of this very topic. A quick search of the forum and you should find everything you need to know.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have yet to see a thread comparing the DNA with the Razr Maxx. There are threads comparing the Razr Maxx HD with the DNA though, but I am not interested in purchasing the Razr Maxx HD.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

They're exactly the same other than battery and internal storage

I personally wouldnt buy anything motorola anymore. My friend went through 6 razr maxx phones before he got verizon to send him an S2

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

My business recently acquired the Droid DNA and I am just in awe of this phone! It just oozes "premium" - from the racy, black/red exterior to the beautiful HD screen, it's an extremely seductive phone. However, I will say that the Motorola Maxx would be the practical choice, most especially due to the super-battery included.

Send me a PM if you are interested. My business provides these phones at wholesale prices, but as per the rules of the forum, I cannot post external links to it

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

You'll have to review the posts in both forums about the cameras. You'll find some people knock the DNA camera, but I think everyone knocks the current Motorola cameras.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I heard a lot of bad things about the Razr Maxx and it freezing and heating up..do you by any chance know why he went through 6 razr maxx phones?

Quote Originally Posted by kssun17 View Post
    I heard a lot of bad things about the Razr Maxx and it freezing and heating up..do you by any chance know why he went through 6 razr maxx phones?
    Battery on the first one got so hot the battery swelled up. Got a new one (refurb) constant freezing issues. Same went for the other 4.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

That's a shame...they seem like such great phones but have many problems.

The RAZR MAXX is a great phone, but you'd be better off future proofing and getting the DNA. Heard lots of people say the battery life isn't nearly as bad as what was first feared.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not an extremely heavy phone user so I think the battery won't be as much of an issue as anticipated.

The RAZR HD, non Maxx version still gets excellent battery life. I got all day with moderate use and rarely dip below 70%. You can find them for $100 or less if you look around. Much better screen and camera than the previous generation too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    AZDROIDX likes this.

as per WhatWhat They're exactly the same other than battery and internal storage They are not the same. Droid DNA has quad core and 2 GB ram, Razr Maxx HD has dual core and 1 GB of ram

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

DNA.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I've had both and I definitely like the DNA better. The RAZR is an awesome phone no doubt but the DNA is so smooth much easier to hold and operate with one hand and the battery life has never been an issue for me and I'm a somewhat heavy user.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kssun17 View Post
    My phone contract ends in two weeks, so I am planning on getting a Droid. I am torn between the DNA and the Razr Maxx...I love the layout and screen resolution of the DNA, and how easy it is to navigate. The only thing that would make me want the Razr Maxx is the cheaper price (on Amazon Wireless its 50 dollars), the longer battery life, and more storage (internal and external). I want a phone with a decent battery (with moderate use to last me the day...12-15 hours), great camera, great resolution, and enough storage for about 10-20 apps and maybe, maybe music (around 250-300 songs). Which one should I get?
    I also want a durable phone..I am always dropping my phone and I don't want the screen to scratch or shatter.
    If you want a bleeding edge fast phone, get the DNA. If you are a power user, get the RAZR for the superior battery life. I am a moderate user of my DNA and I can't make it through a business day. Mine runs from about 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p. m. before it has 10% battery life. I quickly found out that I have to charge the phone throughout the day or it will be dead on my drive home from work.

Good luck making your choice. Both phones are good.

The Razr Maxx is a rock solid phone with insane battery life and a very good display. So if you want something you absolutely do no have to worry about charge state on for an entire day and probably two, get it. The DNA is state of the art and fast as heck with an amazing display and awesome sound. The storage options on it are limited and I find that annoying. Other than that and a few quirks I've run into, it's also excellent. You will like either. If you are getting the Motorola, get the MaxxHD.
    Last edited by MikeLip; 03-04-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

If you are q powerhouse user and plan on putting that many songs on your device or lots of pictures and videos, razr maxx is your way to go. If you are an average phone user who wants an extraordinary phone experience, get the DNA. Battery can sometimes be a drain (no pun intended), and the limited storage is unfortunate, but not a deal breaker in my eyes. The DNA is laser fast, sleek, and has a beautiful display. The razr has a decent display, a killer battery life, and storage. It just depends on your usage.

This is my best run on battery so far on my DNA.
    Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid DNA or Razr Maxx?-uploadfromtaptalk1362409677906.jpg  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I had the maxx HD. Although it was a nice device. Hardware AND software. The camera was seriously lacking. Which wasn't a huge deal for me but when I want to use it I want a nice one. The DNA is all around nice. I just wish it had a larger battery

Injected with Venomous Viper DNA
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

I'm thinking about purchasing an HTC DNA phone myself. Someone told me that Verizon gives you the ability to switch your number from one phone to the other. I'm thinking about buying it so I can swap from my iPhone 5 to the DNA at random times.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing an HTC DNA phone myself. Someone told me that Verizon gives you the ability to switch your number from one phone to the other. I'm thinking about buying it so I can swap from my iPhone 5 to the DNA at random times.
    The DNA has the regular sized SIM card. While the i5 has a nano SIM. Unless you buy the adapter or already have it. You can't swap on the fly.

Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    The DNA has the regular sized SIM card. While the i5 has a nano SIM. Unless you buy the adapter or already have it. You can't swap on the fly.

The DNA has a micro SIM
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    The DNA has a micro SIM
    My main concern was informing the size difference between the i5 nano and the sim that most Verizon 4G devices use. If you aren't aware of the nano SIM. Google it. There's a gigantic size difference.

Snitches get stitches