Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccold20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4g problems

I just switched from an iphone 4 to a droid dna. I live in a college dorm that doesn't always have the best service. i have noticed that the 4g always says it has a couple of bars but i cant even refresh my twitter feed or access the internet. After 20 minutes or so of trying to use the almost 4g it then switches to 3g. The 3g connection is much better and i can then access the internet with pretty good speed. I never had any problems with my iphone 4 and I am thinking this is just a problem with the 4g connection in my area. Also, my city, pittsburgh does have 4g. does anyone know how to fix this? or how to always use 3g so I don't have to waste 20 minutes of waiting to get the 3g. any help is appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: 4g problems

You can disable LTE in Settings and its under Network Mode I believe.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

is it under preffered network? if it is i am using global. the other options are LTE or GSM...

Pitt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

duquesne
    dnhclark likes this.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

To use 3g only you can download an app called phone info and it opens the network menu and you can choose cdma auto (prl) and it will give you 3g and voice. Go back into the normal settings and choose lte under preferred network. Another trick I learned for faster 3g is to open the phone and dial ##778 choose edit mode and enter 000000 then go to modem settings and under rev.A change it to enable and then menu and commit and it will restart. Rev.A had always been faster everywhere I go compared to ehrpd. Sorry for the rant. Feel free to pm me for more details

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums