Who's having issues with their DNA?

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Just as the title says. This is just a thread to post up what bugs you've noticed or ways you've fixed them for other users having issues.

I personally am not having any issues or anything that's bugging me right now so post up.

silvrstoned

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Only issue I have had was browsing the internet. Scrolling a page real fast the browser froze then closed. I thought I bumper the home button but then opened the browser and it went straight to my home bookmark instead of going back to the previous page. Also when I copy a img code from photobucket and go to paste it in a text box, it will not paste it past the cursor. It always goes to the top of the text box. Don't know what I'm doing wrong there. Didn't have the issue with my droid x.

bottz77

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Have made a few posts in other forums..

Slacker does not work correct on the DNA.

Many complain about SIM card issues / phone looses service and need to reboot to come out if it..
I replaced 2 different phones and sim cards .. seem to be okay now..

Lastly I cant stand the Camera (Can't see why people are loving Camera) its a pos imo..
As soon as you xFer a pic off the device.. there goes the quality.. Taking video .. constantly seem to go blurry..
I have tried the thing in multiple different lighting areas.. and honestly feel my 2 yr old tBolt did a much better job..

These are my top reasons why I'm returning this thing ..

Sherri5762

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've only had mine a week, but I've noticed that twice now it repeatedly turns itself on. I turn it off and it turns back on. And the battery gets really hot when it does this. If I restart, it stops. Anyone else experiencing that?

Sherri

geoggirl

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had to replace the SIM card due to issue a few weeks ago and yesterday the camera completely stopped working. I have rebooted several times and camera will just come up with a message "unable to start the camera". Anyone else have this happen?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I've only had mine a week, but I've noticed that twice now it repeatedly turns itself on. I turn it off and it turns back on. And the battery gets really hot when it does this. If I restart, it stops. Anyone else experiencing that?

Sherri

It sounds like you got a bad one, you should return it to Verizon, or, at least give them a call. The battery getting hot is sign of something really going wrong.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I had to replace the SIM card due to issue a few weeks ago and yesterday the camera completely stopped working. I have rebooted several times and camera will just come up with a message "unable to start the camera". Anyone else have this happen?

I have the SIM card issue, but, no problems with the camera.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Try going into settings>applications>select all>find thw camera application and then hit the buttons clear data and clear defaults then force stop. Then go ad try opening the camera app and if it doesn't work you may need to reset/wipe the phone which will erase everything on your phone :( you could also take it in to a Verizon store but I'm pretty sure they'll try the reset.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have this tiny tiny white bright spot in the middle of the screen that can only be seen on a white background and at certain angles. It seems like an overly bright pixel, but I dont think it's a dead pixel because it isn't black, and doesn't appear on a black background. Probably some minor imperfection with the screen. Its such a small issue I don't think its worth getting a replacement for it (considering that otherwise the phone is flawless). I once heard a person say that you will always find problems if you look too hard for them. So yeah.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Have made a few posts in other forums..

Slacker does not work correct on the DNA.

Many complain about SIM card issues / phone looses service and need to reboot to come out if it..
I replaced 2 different phones and sim cards .. seem to be okay now..

Lastly I cant stand the Camera (Can't see why people are loving Camera) its a pos imo..
As soon as you xFer a pic off the device.. there goes the quality.. Taking video .. constantly seem to go blurry..
I have tried the thing in multiple different lighting areas.. and honestly feel my 2 yr old tBolt did a much better job..

These are my top reasons why I'm returning this thing ..

Maybe I got lucky? I've had mine for about a week. I don't use slacker, I like pandora instead so that isn't an issue.

The camera isn't amazing like they were claiming but it's better than my old iPhone 4 camera so I'm fine with that. Hopefully I don't get the SIM card issues.

ubasu

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have sim card issues...PUK code is locked but there is no place to enter the code. I called VZW customer service and the teir 1 support lady said I was the third person she spoke with about the issue that day. The tier 2 person said to take out the sim card and put it back in. Luckily I still had the tool.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with the wallpaper scroll function with Nova Launcher. For some reason, the wall paper stopped scrolling when swiping to different home screens.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When I'm on a call and using speaker phone, if I use the search bar I automatically loose speaker phone. Its really annoying when I'm trying to use the phone to search when talking. If I use the standard browser its all good.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had the DNA for about a month now...

Last week I got the SIM card issue for the first time :(. Restarting did nothing, I've learned you have to pop out the card and re-insert. Hasn't done it since, but I carry the tool in my wallet now.

I use Slacker everyday and haven't had any problems yet.

My old phone (X2) had a problem of massively over pixelating the images attached to the contacts. Apparently the phone compressed the images and then used the thumbnails when the caller contacts you. Resulting in a nice big screen showing off an ugly pixelated image when someone called. It was a problem I was looking forward to getting rid of with the DNA. Unfortunately the problem followed me to my new phone. I've updated my contact images and when I make a call it uses the new image but when someone calls, it still uses the ugly pixelated images!

I'd rather not use an app (like caller ID app) because they're usually not as smooth as the stock phone app. But with that being said, I'm not completely opposed to trying a new app if it comes recommended from anybody.

I'm open to suggestions on that one.

Other than that, the phone runs smooth and I'm very happy with everything else about it.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
hey guys in sms in the conversation it list the other person's number instead of the name

Does that to me sometimes but it usually takes a couple seconds for the name to show up. Stupid.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

SoggyTempura

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
The first one I got was defective. There was a dead spot on the screen that would have no response when touched. In portrait mode this would happen where the keyboard 'i' and 'n' is. Would also be a problem when playing games like Shadowgun MP. The grenade button was right in a deadspot so I couldn't use them.

I got that device replaced and have had no problems. I've been using Slacker (with subscription) every day since I got my first DNA and have had no problems -- so I don't know what people are smoking there. The only problem I have come across so far is incompatibility with Angry Birds Star Wars. The application crashes when trying to select a level.

The main "problem" I have is all the damn VZW bloatware.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I'm on a call and using speaker phone, if I use the search bar I automatically loose speaker phone. Its really annoying when I'm trying to use the phone to search when talking. If I use the standard browser its all good.

. I have the same issue you are. This is the only issue I've noticed with the phone. The thing is I love to use the speaker function and browse while talking to wife and on lunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC